Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION - Afterglow (29 Oct)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Lucificum
Shred is Dead

MessagePosté le: Ven 24 Aoû 2012 23:52    Sujet du message: BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION - Afterglow (29 Oct) Répondre en citant

"Afterglow", le troisième album de BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION sortira le 29 octobre prochain sur Mascot / Wagram.

De Trapeze à BCC en passant par Deep Purple, je pense que vous connaissez tous l'impressionnant CV de GLENN HUGHES : www.glennhughes.com

Il vient d'ailleurs de sortir son autobiographie, plus d'info ICI : http://www.glennhughes.com/autobiography/

Je vous rappelle que les autres membres de BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION sont : JOE BONAMASSA (guitare), JASON BONHAM (batterie) et DEREK SHERINIAN (claviers)

Voici la bande annonce de leur DVD live sortie l'an passé : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP32V9hwaY4

"2", le deuxième album de BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION parmis les meilleurs albums de l'année 2011 par la rédaction du magazine ROCK HARD.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Aoû 2012 0:14    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

J'ai jamais été fan de ce groupe.
Pourtant, je devrais : c'est du classic-rock, y'a Glenn Hughes et les musiciens sont super bons. Je préfère Glenn Hughes en solo, à l'époque où il sortait des bons disques.
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Aoû 2012 0:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Seosamh
Metal Besher'Hell

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Aoû 2012 0:56    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ils enchaînent vite, dis donc.
Le 2eme était bon, mais je sais pas si ils vont tenir la cadence, à voir.

Divine Side | Exorcizer

"L'auditif, c'est moins visuel" (® & © Doomy)
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Aoû 2012 9:01    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Moi j'ai hâte! J'ai trouvé le premier très bon, et le deuxième un poil en dessous mais bien bon quand même. Espérons qu'ils restent au moins à ce niveau.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Baker

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Aoû 2012 9:08    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et le live est une monstruosité qui déchire tout. Ca pue la classe par tous les pores à chaque seconde.

Attention au cap du 3ème album Wink
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Seosamh
Metal Besher'Hell

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Aoû 2012 10:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En fait, cette pochette me fait vachement penser à du Jorn Lande, c'est peut-être pour ça que j'ai quelques doutes. lol

Divine Side | Exorcizer

"L'auditif, c'est moins visuel" (® & © Doomy)
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Sam 25 Aoû 2012 13:38    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

C'est vrai que la pochette est moche, mais j'ai vraiment hâte ! J'avais trouvé le 2ème encore meilleur que le 1er, et le live est tout simplement monstrueux! Vivement ! :kiss:

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Jeu 30 Aoû 2012 12:40    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, the Anglo-American rock group comprising vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, TRAPEZE), drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN, FOREIGNER), Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER, ALICE COOPER, BILLY IDOL) and blues-rock guitarist/vocalist Joe Bonamassa, will release its third album, "Afterglow", on October 30 (one day earlier internationally).

Just like its two predecessors, "Afterglow" was overseen by Kevin Shirley, whose catalog of hit records for LED ZEPPELIN, IRON MAIDEN, AEROSMITH, JOURNEY, THE BLACK CROWES and many more has made him one of the hottest producers that rock music has to offer. Shirley — who had the idea of putting Hughes and Bonamassa together in a band together after seeing them jamming onstage in Los Angeles back in November 2009 — is the group's unofficial "fifth member."

The additions of Jason Bonham, esteemed son of LED ZEPPELIN's John, who took his father's place when the legendary group made musical history by reuniting at London's O2 Arena in December 2007, and the in-demand Derek Sherinian, made them a force to be reckoned with. An air of expectancy and excitement greets the unveiling of "Afterglow".

When issued in September 2010, BCC's self-titled debut was described by Classic Rock magazine as "possibly the best hard rock album of 2010," while Mojo magazine awarded it 4 stars. Music Radar hailed the disc as "a potent and stomping collection of riff-heavy rockers that will undoubtedly stun listeners."

During its first week of release in the U.K., the album hit the #1 spot in the official Top 40 Rock Albums chart. It was voted #3 in Classic Rock magazine's "Critics Album Of The Year" poll, and listeners of Planet Rock radio crowned BCC as the "Best New Band" of 2010.

Issued a mere nine months later, in time for a well-received slot at the High Voltage festival in London, "Black Country Communion 2" was darker and deeper than its predecessor. Once again it topped the U.K.'s Rock Albums chart. The band were also the recipients of the "Best Breakthrough Act" award at Classic Rock magazine's prestigious Roll Of Honour ceremony. Acknowledging that more than a single listen was required to fully appreciate its "depth and artistry," the same magazine rightly called "BCC2" "one stone-solid classic song after another."

This time, with Bonamassa busy notching up the miles to promote his biggest solo record to date — "Driving Towards The Daylight" reached No. 2 in the U.K.'s Top 40 Albums chart — BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION (the distinctive name is a reference to the industrial area in the Midlands of Great Britain where both Hughes and Bonham were born and raised) had far more time to prepare "Afterglow"… and it shows.

"There were six months to write this album, and I'm really excited by the way it came out," comments Glenn Hughes, the man responsible for the bulk of its contents. "I wanted to make a record that stood up to the first two, but not to repeat either of those records. There would be absolutely no point beginning it with a song like 'Black Country' [the distinctively energetic track that kicked off the debut]."

The band assembled to record "Afterglow" in a studio in Westlake Village, about 70 miles outside of Hollywood, during five supremely productive days. Its 11 songs are set to delight all fans of high quality hard rock, also those that admire singers of distinction. Hughes is not known as The Voice Of Rock for nothing.

In terms of content, "Afterglow" expands upon the progression that took place between "BCC" and "BCC2". Rich in hooks, melodies and choruses, it's nonetheless another of those highly rewarding albums that bears additional fruit with repeated spins.

"I wanted this album to have more acoustic moments than the previous two," explains Hughes. "I wanted to hear more of Derek [Sherinian] and I wanted the more angelic voice of Glenn as well as the more aggressive one which is there on songs like 'Crawl' and 'Midnight Sun'. Above all, I wanted more drama."

Hughes shares lead vocals with Bonamassa on the song "Cry Freedom". "The vocal sound that Kevin got on this record is second to none — it's his best work yet with BCC," believes Hughes. "We butted heads a little on the first and second albums, simply because we're both control freaks, but this was the record on which Kevin and Glenn became friends."

Indeed, Hughes speaks of Shirley in the most glowing terms. "Kevin only needs three hours of sleep per night; he's hyper and super-intelligent," says Glenn. "He cracks the whip but he also knows exactly what he's talking about when it comes to music."

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION hopes to tour "Afterglow" at the start of 2013.

Here's a breakdown of the album's contents in the words of Glenn Hughes:

"Big Train": "It's very quirky and British-sounding. Jason Bonham is an incredible timekeeper. I love the way he provides the engine room on that song."

"This Is Your Time": "Let's give Jason Bonham a little more love. He writes his songs on an iPhone whilst driving his car, which is completely nuts. It really helps the groove factor. He emailed me some footage of him playing this song. He wrote the music and I wrote the lyrics. It has a huge chorus, too. Jason is not just a brilliant drummer — he's a great songwriter."

"Midnight Sun": "I had my wallet stolen in a Starbucks and arrived late at the studio. When I got there, the guys were fooling around with a song that sounds quite a lot like THE WHO, thanks to those Rabbit Bundrick-style keyboards. I picked up my bass and joined in. It's quite a romp; there's a definite vibe of Moon and Entwistle."

"Confessor": "The first album had 'No Time', which was slow and groovy. I wrote 'Confessor' that way too, but when Jason heard it he insisted upon playing it — in his own words — like his dad would have done. We're a democratic band and I went along with that. When he turbo-d it up it really came to life."

"Cry Freedom": "I sang this one alone originally until Kevin pointed out that the album didn't have a song with split vocals. Joe and I sing well together. I've never had a problem sharing a microphone with other great singers. We really let rip off one another on this one, which has a ZZ TOP/HUMBLE PIE kind of a vibe."

"Afterglow": "[At more than six minutes long] it's an epic song. I was adamant that this album should have a proper title instead of a number. I played it to the band right at the end of sessions — purposely so. When they heard it on acoustic guitar, everybody agreed that it should name the album."

"Dandelion": "I wrote it slower than we recorded it; maybe I had too much coffee that day. Had we done it that way then maybe it would have sounded a bit dirge-like. Jason sets the tempos — he's got a really good ear for the way that a song should sound."

"The Circle": "It's one of my favorites on this record. It gives me the chance to use my 'breathier' voice. Kevin asked me to sing it an octave higher than I intended, and it worked. The high voice in the chorus is not my falsetto, it's my upper register natural voice. I'm singing about being powerless; being in a dreamlike state. People have spoken about my voice and bass playing for so many years, I hope that this time they notice my lyrics because I'm very proud of them."

"Common Man": "That's another of the songs that came from Jason. When he sang me its melody acapella, I could hear myself singing it. It could have been a song from DEEP PURPLE's 'Stormbringer' album; he wrote it for my voice."

"The Giver": "When you listen to the end of the song, if people are trying to figure out what key it's in, I'm playing a capo [a device that raises the pitch of notes] on the fifth fret. When I wrote it, I deliberately held back from completing it because it needed Joe's input. Kevin helped as well."

"Crawl": "Some people may know that this song was going to be on 'BCC2' but we held it over because there simply wasn't enough room. To me, it fits this album a lot better. It's a really aggressive song — it's dangerous and angry. I love it. It's a great way to finish the record."

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Sep 2012 12:16    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Fuck, ça risque d'être le dernier album... Confused

Citation:
Glenn Hughes doubts BCC future

Glenn Hughes thinks Black Country Communion might be coming to an end because the band members can’t commit to regular touring.

He says their third album, Afterglow, could be their last – and admits he thought so while he was writing its songs.

Former Deep Purple and Black Sabbath man Hughes formed BCC with Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham and Derek Sherinian in 2009, under the eye of producer Kevin Shirley.

Afterglow, due out in October, will be their third record in two years. But the frontman fears it could be their swan song because of scheduling issues, particularly those of blues guitar virtuoso Bonamassa.

Hughes tells ABC News: “I hate to break it to you, but it just may be the last album – I need to be in a band that tours on a regular basis.

“If I had a magic wand I’d wave it over everybody’s head and go, ‘Hey, you guys, we’re going to go and do 200 shows and we’re going to be a huge rock’n'roll band globally.’”

But he adds: “It’s not gonna happen.”

He’d referred to scheduling problems in the past, saying Bonamassa’s limited availability had left him in charge of main songwriting duties. But that presented its own opportunity.

Hughes explains: “I figured that is this was to be the last album, I needed to come up with some pretty wild and epic tracks. I’m really proud of this album.”

Meanwhile, he’s turning his attention towards another supergroup project: Kings of Chaos, which includes Joe Elliott, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Steve Stevens.

He says their plan is to “tour pockets of the world – the exotics, the tropics and even America.” They’ll release a series of EPs rather than albums: “On those there will be three covers and one original song.”

One lineup of the ever-changing project contributed their version of Never Before to the official Deep Purple tribute album Re-Machined, which is released later this month but available now as part of a Classic Rock fan pack.

Baker

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Sep 2012 12:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Si le 3ème album est aussi bon que les deux autres mais que c'est aussi le dernier, ce groupe aura réussi à devenir une légende de son vivant. Ce qui est très rare de nos jours. Une légende immaculée, j'entends.
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Sep 2012 18:16    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mouaif... Black Country Communion, groupe légendaire, n'exagérons rien.
C'est un bon groupe de classic-rock, mais rien de génial là dedans.
Je doute qu'il laisse une empreinte indélébile dans 10 ou 15 ans.
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Sep 2012 18:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ouais, j'aime énormément ce groupe, mais de là à parler de légende... c'est pas Deep Purple non plus quoi.

Mais cela dit, si le troisième album est effectivement réussi, on pourra parler d'une très belle carrière, ça c'est certain.
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Sep 2012 20:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Joe Bonamassa responded with a message posted on his forum (registration required to view the original):

"I think this is unnecessary drama and a wind up by the Voice of Rock… I also think the conversation should be redirected to the band’s history as well as its the future that includes a record release in October.. I have said it here before I do not appreciate being cited as the reason of the bands lack of touring or the bands lack of future in this manner. I am 1/5th of this entity that is all. Kevin is family to me, Jason is a dear friend of mine, so is Derek as is Glenn.. Glenn is free and with MY FULL BLESSING to ring up one or all of his famous guitar player friends and take it out on the road BB King style.. Chickenfoot does it with Chad Smith while he is out with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I hope for everyones sake that as Glenn embarks on the press tour for “AfterGlow” that he doesn’t taint in his own words ” His Masterpiece” by dragging us all into a TMZ moment..
What more can I say other at this point.."

En gros, on peut dire que Glenn Hughes reproche implicitement à Bonamassa de ne pas s'être investi autant que lui dans le groupe.

Mais, de l'autre côté, Bonamassa a déjà dit dans des interviews, à la sortie du 2ème album notamment, qu'il avait passé 20 ans de sa vie à bâtir sa carrière solo et qu'il n'allait pas lâcher ça maintenant, qu'il voyait BCC comme l'occasion d'élargir son horizon et que c'était OK de faire 20 ou 30 concerts par an, mais pas plus.
C'était clair. Mais ça frustre Glenn Hughes de faire 20 ou 30 concerts devant 2000 ou 3000 personnes, puis de redescendre le reste de l'année devant 200 ou 300 personnes dans ses tournées solo. Ce qui est compréhensible. Alors que les tournées en solo de Bonamassa marchent très bien. Mais c'était les règles du jeu en prenant Bonamassa. Et il y avait d'autres gratteux disponibles, mais au lieu de 2000 ou 3000, ce serait 500 ou 600 personnes sans doutes...

Jules Claretie
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 18 Mar 2013 21:55    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION released its third album, "Afterglow", last October amid a public feud between singer Glenn Hughes and guitarist Joe Bonamassa.

The war of words goes back to early September, when Hughes began telling journalists that Bonamassa's solo touring schedule was preventing BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION from touring and fulfilling its potential. He stated that if the situation didn't change, "Afterglow" could be the group's last recording project.

Asked about the current status of BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, Bonamassa tells PremierGuitar.com: "As far as I'm concerned, my involvement is pretty much done, and I'll tell you why: Originally, I did it for the same reasons I did the stuff with Beth Hart and ROCK CANDY FUNK PARTY — it was an excuse to play a different kind of music that I don't get to play normally.

"The first two records were a blast — the band is fantastic when the Ritalin kicks in, the ADD goes away, and everyone's focused. It's a devastatingly good rock band of the early-1970s type, and Glenn is a fantastic singer — just one of the best ever. So I did it and did a nine-week tour in 2011 that really, by the end of it, wasn't fun for me. It wasn't because I didn't like the cats in the band, but it was just too much — too much involved in getting people from place to place and getting the band onstage. Everybody seemed to be very tense, and it made my crew very tense, and it's not the way I like to tour. I run a family — I have 21 people who go on the road with me all the time, and if you asked them who was the cause of the least of their problems, they would say me. Unless there was no Diet Coke — then it's a huge [expletive] problem, and either I'm going to the supermarket or somebody else is. [laughs]

"But it just wasn't fun for me anymore. All the stuff that Glenn says in the media, essentially pinning it on me — that I was the reason for the band's lack of touring and the band's lack of future. It became rapidly not fun at all. It would be dishonest of me to get onstage and pretend like I'm having fun to please the band. I'm just not the guitar player for that band, but, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any out-of-work guitar players in L.A. that they can get. There are so many guys that can fill that rôle and I would be the first guy to queue up and buy a ticket. So that's my story with it. I'm happily not involved anymore, but I'm happy with the legacy that I left with that band and happy with the records we made. It was a great three years for me."
Daffy Duck
Joyeux anniversaire vieux fossile

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Mar 2013 0:46    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Honnêtement, avouez que ce qui rendait BCC dix fois plus intéressant que du Glenn Hughes solo, c'était justement la forte empreinte Bonamassa de ce groupe.
Le nom de Richie Kotzen est souvent cité pour succéder à JB. Mais même si ce gars possède une vraie identité musicale, l'optimisme n'est pas de rigueur concernant l'avenir de BCC
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Mar 2013 13:34    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ah tiens Richie Kotzen, pourquoi pas ? Ca me parait être un bon choix, d'autant plus que quand je l'ai vu en concert il y a quelques temps sa voix m'a encore plus impressionné que son jeu de guitare car j'ai trouvé qu'il chantait exactement comme... Glenn Hughes ! lol

Sinon "on" a parlé de Jimmy Page qui est semble-t-il chaud pour rejouer et tourner, et comme Plant n'était jusqu'à présent pas partant pour relancer Led Zep... Mais ça me semble totalement irréaliste.

Baker

MessagePosté le: Dim 24 Mar 2013 9:56    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Aux dernières nouvelles, d'après Glenn, Bonamassa refuse le droit au reste du groupe d'utiliser le nom BCC.

Je dois avouer qu'avec Slayer et DT, ce clash de musiciens est dans le top 3 des soap opéras sinistres de ces dernières années.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 25 Mar 2013 15:51    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En effet... Neutral
Glenn Hughes a écrit:
...just so it's crystal... BCC is over... Joe left & will not allow us to keep the name... nice huh? Jason Derek and I will continue with a different name when the time is right...

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: