Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
TOXIK - In Humanity (2014)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Juin 2013 21:22    Sujet du message: TOXIK - In Humanity (2014) Répondre en citant

Le retour de Toxik se confirme :

Reactivated cult classic prog-thrashers TOXIK have released a snippet of their first recorded song in twenty-four years. The fifty-second clip, which is available for streaming using the SoundCloud widget below, is a rough pre-mix demo — without vocals — of "Crooked Crosses" off the as-yet-untitled follow-up to 1989's "Think This".

TOXIK's founding member and lead guitarist Josh Christian comments on the new music: "I know it's been a long time, and one of the things I always think about is my own reaction when I hear about older bands recording. It's, like, 'Oh, no... not again,' because, let's be honest, it's usually an underwhelming listen and a lot of times it kills the band's legacy for the fans. But I have a feeling that people are going to be surprised by the intensity and power of our new material. The songwriting demos, which are really just me arranging the parts and programming drums, have been getting rave reviews from random listeners in the band's circle... It's so inspiring for us. We haven't spun off into nu-metal and we aren't trying to rewrite 'World Circus'. It's definitely TOXIK, but it isn't your dad's version."

TOXIK recently announced the addition of SHADOWS FALL drummer Jason Bittner to the group's ranks.

Hailing from New York's Hudson Valley area, TOXIK released a pair of classic thinking-man's thrash metal albums in the late '80s. An upstart record label named Roadrunner Records (later home to SLIPKNOT and NICKELBACK) released the band's two astounding masterworks, 1988's "World Circus" and 1989's "Think This". Both releases saw TOXIK take the aggression and brutality of speed metal and mix it with the technicality and proficiency of progressive hard rock.

https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F95404879

Ca va donner. DBZ

Dernière édition par Pingouin le Lun 20 Jan 2014 18:07; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
merci foule fête
Sex, Drugs & Cyril Rool

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Juin 2013 22:23    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mais yeah ! Bon, j'espère qu'il sera au niveau de World Circus, que je comptais chroniquer, d'ailleurs. Je vais attendre la sortie du petit dernier pour faire d'une pierre deux coups. :)
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Juin 2013 22:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tu comptes pas faire Think This ?
merci foule fête
Sex, Drugs & Cyril Rool

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Juin 2013 23:36    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Faudrait d'abord que je le réécoute. J'avais pas trop accroché à la 1ère écoute, mais ça fait un bail.

edit : mais ça baboule ! Blink
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Jeu 15 Aoû 2013 0:50    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ils viennent d'embaucher Ralph Santolla (Deicide, Obituary) comme soliste et ils sont en train d'enregistrer.

Citation:
Josh Christian, TOXIK's founding member and lead guitarist, comments on Ralph's addition to the group: "Ralph was the first choice. I had talked to other friends about tour spots and playing as guests, but the new material is pretty deep arrangement wise and complicated in its layering. We need that second voice on the instrument.

Santolla adds: "I'm really excited and humbled that Josh has asked me to be part of the reformed TOXIK.

"Here's how all of this started.

"I basically grew up at Morrisound, I wouldn't be surprised if I was their longest-running client. I've answered the phone there and taken the garbage out quite a few times. Jim [Morris] and Tom [Morris] have taught me a lot and I owe them quite a bit.

"Back when TOXIK was recording the first album, Tom called me and said there was a band down from New York, and the guitarist was amazing. He said he thought we should meet, so I came down to the studio. Josh and I hit it off immediately, and we've been great friends ever since. We have hours-long conversations about guitar, art, religion, music, politics, you name it. He's an extremely deep, intelligent guy. So when he told me he was putting TOXIK back together, I was psyched for him. He started sending me music to check out, and I was blown away. I told him, 'Dude, you only get to make one comeback record, give this everything you possibly can, hold nothing back,' and he seems to be doing that . Eventually, he asked me to play live, and that led to being in the band.

"It's a big challenge; the stuff he's writing is ultra-fast and technical. And for bonus points, Jason Bittner!!"

TOXIK is now well into the recording sessions of its as-yet-untitled follow-up to 1989's "Think This", with a projected release date of late fall 2013. Further details regarding album release date, cover art, title and live actions will be revealed in the coming months.
merci foule fête
Sex, Drugs & Cyril Rool

MessagePosté le: Jeu 15 Aoû 2013 22:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

"the stuff he's writing is ultra-fast and technical"

Encore heureux ! :D
S'ils enregistrent une nouvelle fois au Morrisound avec l'un des frangins, je suis encore plus curieux d'entendre le résultat (et l'évolution).
merci foule fête
Sex, Drugs & Cyril Rool

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Jan 2014 15:06    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Enfin !

"Les New Yorkais de Toxik, groupe thrash des années 80, ont récemment annoncé qu'ils préparaient un nouvel album pour ce Printemps 2014.

Intitulé "In Humanity", cela marquera le retour du groupe après 25 ans de Silence, pour rappel leur dernier album "Think This" date de 1989.
"

http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/read_news-groupe-Toxik__Nouvel_album_en_preparation-id-46050-l-fr.html

Infos contradictoires concernant le line-up (bon, j'ai pas farfouillé les sites de metal slovènes et boliviens non plus) :

Sûrs :

_ Mike Sanders (chant)
_ Josh Christian (guitare)
_ Jason Bittner (batterie, SHADOWS FALL, ANTHRAX, STIGMATA)

à la basse, soit Brian Bonini (membre fondateur), soit Bill Bodily (FREYA),
En 2ème guitariste, soit personne, soit Ralph Santolla (DEICIDE, OBITUARY, ICED EARTH)

Ah, et sinon, la pochette...

lol

Curieux d'entendre ce qu'ils vont proposer : j'aime pas la nostalgie, mais si c'est pour entendre une "numetal - djentisation" de leur techno-speed-thrash autrefois savoureux, avec un son de basse qui dégueule et des vocaux d'ours glaireux, je serai un poil déçu.
S1phonique
Chauve No Mercy

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Jan 2014 15:12    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Namého ! tu n'as pas plus grand en résolution ?
c'est toxic ton image ...

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
merci foule fête
Sex, Drugs & Cyril Rool

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Jan 2014 15:14    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Si tu m'en trouves une plus petite, ne te fais pas prier pour éditer mon post ! :)
S1phonique
Chauve No Mercy

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Jan 2014 15:27    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Si j'édite ce ne sera pas le même toxik Embarassed
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: