Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
AT THE GATES - At War With Reality (28 octobre)
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Ven 07 Fév 2014 11:47    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Possibly the opening track of the album....

Ca a l'air vachement bien ! lol

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Cedric
Dave Mitaine

MessagePosté le: Ven 07 Fév 2014 12:01    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Blink
lol
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Jeu 13 Mar 2014 21:10    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Asked what happened to change the bandmembers' minds about making a new CD in the six years since the AT THE GATES reunion was first announced, Lindberg said: "I think a lot happened, mentally, when we decided to continue touring. When we started to do the global thing in 2011. That whole idea of being an active band, touring and hanging out, just grew on us, I guess.

"To be able to be in a band that has no internal problems whatsoever, to be able to tour around the world together with some of your best friends, it's just incredible, mind-blowing even. Then the idea just grew on us.

"I play in a band that involves some of my favorite musicians and songwriters and we are all still very hungry, creatively. I think that you can hear that in all our other projects, they are very alive and pushing boundaries still — from Anders' [Björler, guitar] solo album, to AGRIMONIA, to the new reinvigorated THE HAUNTED lineup, to DISFEAR and LOCK UP, to PARADISE LOST and VALLENFYRE. We feel that we have great and relevant new music in us. And we know how important this next album will be.

"When Anders came around saying that he had been jamming some new ideas around, it was not hard to make the decision to go 'all in,' so to say.

"I know it's kind of a gamble or what you want to call it. But this is a very creative album that we are writing right now, it's not a comfortable 'Slaughter Of The Soul Pt. 2' or anything like that, it's an album that I feel is pushing our own boundaries, and challenges our collective creative intellect. And that is the main reason for us to do this, it's for our own sake.

"We could easily go out and continue touring the old stuff successfully for quite a while, I think, but this is us putting ourselves on the line here, and we do that solely because we feel that we need to do this, this material is too strong to say no to."

Lindberg also spoke about not wanting to live up to people's expectations of making another album in the vein of "Slaughter Of The Soul".

"We have gone beyond the idea of making 'Slaughter Of The Soul Pt. 2', which was actually never the idea to start with," he explained. "This is an album that is so full on conceptually and creatively, so involved and ambitious that I am almost compelled to call it pretentious. And that brings me back to the feeling that was with us when we were creating 'With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness'. I'm not saying that this album sounds like that album, but it has that burning urge, the sense of importance that album is trying to portray.

"As I have always stated, we are an honest band, a band that is very focused on being true to ourselves and never follow any trends or try to portray a given perception of what people want us to be.

"What we decided on was really to let the music take us where it had to go, to go 'all in,' so to say.

"To answer your question, the record will be filled with a lot of the SLAYER worship and riffage that is 'Slaughter Of The Soul', but people will also recognize the more dark, melodic side that was 'With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness', and maybe some of the more pretentious arrangements that was part of our early career."
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 25 Mar 2014 13:49    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tomas comments:
"We are very excited for this tour. It will be our first proper tour of Europe since 1996. As we have been playing only festivals in Europe since the reunion in 2008, this will be the first chance for us to meet the fans of Europe in a more intimate environment. Playing live for our own crowd, our own people in smaller clubs is something that is essential to us as a band and we are looking forward to finally being able to deliver a full AT THE GATES show in this setting, without having to work around the schedules and conditions of bigger festivals. It will also be the first time ever that we will be able to present some new compositions in a live setting - as the new album will be released by then. It's hard and uncompromising and I think the new songs will work great live next to the old songs.

As for going out together with TRIPTYKON, we couldn't be more thrilled. I have always looked upon the work of Thomas Gabriel Fischer as a great source of inspiration. From naming my first band, Grotesque after a line in a Celtic Frost song back in 1988, to the mighty comeback with his new reincarnation with TRIPTYKON. Seeing them live every day for three weeks will be mind-blowing.

As for the opener MORBUS CHRON...they have just released one of the most exciting albums of modern death metal in a long while. They remind me so much of the spirit of early AT THE GATES. It's as if every note is important and fills a certain purpose. It's dark, it's beautiful and it's sincere. One of the most outstanding "new" bands for sure.

I sincerely believe that this is a tour that you shouldn't miss out on, it will be spectacular. A killer bill!"

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Avr 2014 19:28    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En studio : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOmaN4chwJM
Rocky Turquoise

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 10:55    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hé attendez ! Ils se sont reformés ? Ça date de quand ? J'en ai raté une ? Embarassed

Du coup que devient The Great Deceiver ? Ils en parlent dans les trucs en anglais là ?
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 12:42    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En gros ils se sont reformés pour quelques concerts en 2008 en promettant que c'était temporaire et que surtout il n'y aurait jamais de nouvel album, puis en 2011 ils ont remis ça, et récemment ils ont annoncé que finalement ils bossaient sur un nouveau disque. Voila.
Ah et on a tous très hâte, aussi.

Quant à The Great Deceiver:
Citation:
In a recent interview with Decibel magazine Tomas Lindberg says: "The band is probably permanent on ice".

Bekk

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 12:46    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En même temps, on s'en fout un peu de The Great Deceiver..

On parle d'ATG là, bordel!!
Rocky Turquoise

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 12:51    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Pietro a écrit:
Quant à The Great Deceiver:
Citation:
In a recent interview with Decibel magazine Tomas Lindberg says: "The band is probably permanent on ice".

Ah c'est dommage, surtout que moi je préfèrais TGD à ATG Mr. Green

Après je demande à voir, s'ils font autre chose que du SATS ça peut le faire.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 15:26    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bekk a écrit:
En même temps, on s'en fout un peu de The Great Deceiver..

On parle d'ATG là, bordel!!

Ben ouais ! Heandbang

Rocky Turquoise a écrit:
Ah c'est dommage, surtout que moi je préfèrais TGD à ATG Mr. Green

Vraiment ? Blink
Rocky Turquoise a écrit:
Après je demande à voir, s'ils font autre chose que du SATS ça peut le faire.

Blink Blink Blink (si tu parles bien du meilleur album de l'histoire du death mélodique, Slaughter Of The Soul).
Edith est d'accord avec moi: http://www.leseternels.net/chronique.aspx?id=2171
Bon, tous les gouts sont dans la nature alors pourquoi pas, tu as parfaitement le droit de ne pas aimer, bien entendu.

D'ailleurs leurs premiers albums sont très différents de SOTS, et le nouveau n'en est parait-il pas la suite.

Rocky Turquoise

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 15:42    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je parlais bien de SOTS (pardon, coquille dans l'acronyme).
J'aime pas ce disque, je l'associe à l'émergence de toute la pire frange des groupes metalcore NWOAHM aux noms interchangeables et qui a sévit vers la fin 2000s.

Par contre j'adore The Red, et j'adore... les deux premiers TGD Wink

Lindberg dans l'ensemble, est àma capable du meilleur comme du pire. Donc je ne demande qu'à voir ! :)
Bekk

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 15:49    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Surtout le meilleur
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 16:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mais pour le pire je suis le meilleur... pardon je me trompe de sujet.

Je déteste moi aussi tous ces groupes metalcore NWOAHM dont tu parles (All Killswitch That I Lay Dying Remains Engage The Black Devil Murder Wears Prada Machin Chose...). Neutral
Allez, je sauve Chimaira et Unearth et encore seulement pour certains albums.

Même si l'influence d'At The Gates est évidente (et revendiquée) chez ces groupes, je fais clairement la différence entre le death mélo Suédois et le Metalcore Américain.

Sven
Death 'n' Troll Dokthor

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 16:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Killswitch Engage, c'est bien! :non:

(mais pas tout et pas tout le temps... Embarassed )

Not giving a fuck is awesome!
Jon Lajoie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Bekk

MessagePosté le: Mer 23 Avr 2014 17:11    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et Caliban, c'est le must!
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Jeu 14 Aoû 2014 18:35    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Swedish metallers AT THE GATES have completed recording, mixing and mastering their much-anticipated comeback studio album, "At War With Reality", for an October 28 release (one day earlier internationally) via Century Media.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 25 Aoû 2014 16:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Cover Artwork Revealed!

Designed by Costin Chioreanu (twilight13media.com).

AT THE GATES vocalist and lyricist Tomas Lindberg checked in with the following comment, explaining the album’s theme: "The concept of 'At War with Reality' is based on the literary genre called 'Magic Realism'. The main style within this genre is the notion that 'reality' is ever-changing, and needs to be constantly re-discovered and re-conquered. We felt that Costin's artwork style would be the perfect visual contribution to this album, so he became the natural choice..."

AT THE GATES guitarist, and main songwriter Anders further explained: "I got in touch with Costin a few years back. I was immediately impressed with his dark and original style. He collaborated on some T-shirt designs for AT THE GATES as well as designing the album artwork for my Instrumental Project. We realized pretty early on that his style would accompany the music and the concept perfectly.”

Additionally, Costin Chioreanu checked in with the following words: “I have been waiting for this album for almost 20 years and it’s the biggest honor for me to illustrate it - As there is no greater achievement for a dreamer than the moment when the dream becomes reality. "At War With Reality" is by far the most complex visual story I have ever created, from all points of view. From the very first moment the band presented the concept, I found it extremely stunning and at the same time super-challenging. I like to think that visual art and music are tools to explore our minds - to create, to discover and to push the limits. AT THE GATES, one of my all-time favorite Metal bands, offered me a chance to explore a new dimension.”

“At War With Reality” will be released on October 27th, 2014 in Europe and October 28th, 2014 in North America via Century Media Records.
More info soon...

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Ven 05 Sep 2014 18:01    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

TEASER / TRACKLISTING / FIRST PRE-ORDER (US/CAN):

The first teaser for 'At War with Reality' online: http://youtu.be/zdvIGiaEoUQ

Also, 'At War with Reality' Tracklisting revealed:

1. El Altar Del Dios Desconocido
2. Death And The Labyrinth
3. At War With Reality
4. The Circular Ruins
5. Heroes And Tombs
6. The Conspiracy Of The Blind
7. Order From Chaos
8. The Book Of Sand (The Abomination)
9. The Head Of The Hydra
10. City Of Mirrors
11. Eater Of Gods
12. Upon Pillars Of Dust
13. The Night Eternal

Pre-order for North America only:
http://www.cmdistro.com/Artist/At_The_Gates/11622/Artist/1

Rest of the world: Later in September - More info soon...

:bave:

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Sep 2014 16:15    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

AT THE GATES - At War With Reality (OFFICIAL ALBUM TRACK)

Bekk

MessagePosté le: Mar 23 Sep 2014 10:08    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A la réflexion, je me demande si ce retour est une si bonne chose finalement. Dans un style qui a été façonné par eux mais qui a suivi tout un tas d'évolutions par la suite, quelle est la pertinence de proposer une redite 20 ans plus tard, mis à part de contenter le die-hard fan.

A défaut de proposer une évolution musicale, le niveau de composition a tout intérêt à être énorme car il est certain qu'un SOTS bis ne bénéficiera pas du même accueil qu'a l'époque.

A l'écoute de l'extrait, je suis soudainement pris d'un doute.. Ca sonne bien, on identifie le riffing immédiatement, on retrouve Tompa avec beaucoup de plaisir mais passé ce constat, on est pas émerveillé par ce qu'on entend. Or il va quand même nous falloir notre dose de moments cultes.

La je trouve ça sympa, mais un peu policé.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Page 2 sur 3

Sauter vers: