Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
DREAM THEATER - A Dramatic Turn Of Events (13 Septembre)
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 35, 36, 37  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 16:23    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Nouvelle interview de Portnoy qui balance un peu:

Classic Rock Prog: Were you expecting the guys in the band to agree with you that DREAM THEATER needed an extended break?

Portnoy: "Well, I knew my proposal would be met with some shock and hesitation, but I honestly hoped the guys would see my need for a break or a hiatus and respect it. It's not the most insane request in the history of rock... MANY bands have done it, only to return bigger and stronger than before. SOUNDGARDEN, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, JANE'S ADDICTION, FAITH NO MORE, ALICE IN CHAINS, MEGADETH, PHISH, etc. etc. Even RUSH, GENESIS, PINK FLOYD have all taken extended breaks in order to keep the band together."

Classic Rock Prog: Were you shocked and upset that they ultimately decided to go on without you?

Portnoy: "I'd be lying if I didn't say I am devastated they chose to continue without me rather than take a break. After me giving my heart and soul, blood, sweat and tears to them and the band for 25 years, I hoped they'd value me and our relationship enough to respect my need for us to take a little break. I am truly heartbroken over their decision. I suppose it also kills me that in the past the guys NEVER would question or ever debate my direction within the band. They always let me call the shots and always trusted my vision and guidance. And NOW, with such a huge and personal conflict.. they disagreed with me for the first time... on the biggest decision of them all.

"DREAM THEATER is my baby and I NEVER wanted to abandon my child. I only felt the parents needed a little breather to help save the marriage.

"The big irony here is that I wanted a break to help mend and strengthen our relations and ultimately bring us closer together.... and now by them chosing to move on without me it is ultimately going to seriously damage our relationship.... as well as the DREAM THEATER legacy I spent so long building and protecting."

Classic Rock Prog: Apart from wanting a break from the DREAM THEATER routine and the guys in the band, was there any part of the music that you needed to escape from? (e.g. Were you happy with the musical direction of the last two albums or had it become stale for you? Had this become a "day job" and you were worried you might just be going through the motions?)

Portnoy: "Honestly, it had nothing to do with the music itself or the musical chemistry within the band. I was always very inspired when writing and recording together and am as proud of our last few albums as anything else in the catalog. It really was more of the behind-the-scenes, personal relationships within the band. Yes, on the surface it may seem that life was great and full steam ahead for DREAM THEATER... things like playing Download and Wembley, the recent [IRON] MAIDEN tour in the U.S., Top 10 entry on Billboard were all nice feathers in the cap... but beneath the surface, there was a lot of friction and burn-out. I mean, we have one bandmember that would literally not even sit in the same room with the rest of us for years now and we'd only see him on stage or at meet-and-greets...and then other members just doing a lot of complaining about the day-to-day stuff... To me, these are obvious signs of wear and tear and a need for a break from each other in order to recharge the batteries and reignite the flame. On the opposite hand, I would go out on tour with TRANSATLANTIC or AVENGED SEVENFOLD and all of the band members are hanging out, eating meals together and enjoying each other's company.

"I think DREAM THEATER really needed a bit of a break to rejuvenate our relationships. Of course, now in the wake of this split, the four guys HAVE to pull together to keep the band together, so I'm sure they will surely look at these issues and change them. I'm just saddened that they wouldn't wait for me to do it."

Classic Rock Prog: Do you regret your decision?

Portnoy: "Well, I absolutely HATE the outcome and the situation I was put into to have to make it. But I could not honestly return to the band to make an album in January without feeling resentment and being uncomfortable that I was forced into doing something I wasn't ready to do. I have chosen the harder, more challenging road rather than the safer, easier road. But my heart has never steered me wrong. I've always followed it and only done things that I knew would make me happy.

"At the moment, I am very happy playing with AVENGED SEVENFOLD...and I do not want to stop doing something I am happy doing to go do something I'm not very happy doing. I cannot do something with my life and career because I 'have' to, I need to 'want' to do it.

"For 25 years now, I have made decisions for DREAM THEATER and our fans...for once in my life, I needed to make a decision for Mike Portnoy."

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 16:28    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ce serait qui, le fameux bandmember qui voulait pas se mélanger aux autres ? Labrelle ?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 16:36    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

J'aurais dit Myung moi, ça a pas l'air d'être le genre de Labrioche de faire ça. Mais ça pourrait bien être Rudess aussi, vu que c'est quand même un peu un psychopathe.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
sebrouxx
Trailer Masta

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 17:23    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Un bon podcast de Progressia sur le sujet:

http://www.progressia.net/podcasts/14-mikemac-chez-dream-theater

(aucun extrait de CCC inside, malheureusement)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail MSN Messenger
Doomy
Pleureuse

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 18:35    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tiens il a enfin trouvé le temps de trouver de superbes prétextes le Portnoy !
No trace of age and no fear to die.
»
dupinguez

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 18:44    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et ils en sont où, dans leurs auditions, les membres de DT? Ils ont recruté leur nouveau batteur mais ne révèlent pas encore son nom? Ils sont en train d'écouter des cassettes? De tester des musiciens live dans leur studio?

Indice : j'ai vérifié mon fondement avant de poser la question.
Doomy
Pleureuse

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 18:58    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

On peut sûrement éliminer la première option, ça serait sorti de la bouche d'une taupe. Mais en tout cas ils prennent leur temps, feraient-ils semblant de réfléchir ?
No trace of age and no fear to die.
»
John_Doe

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 19:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Non, en fait, ils ont décidé de remplacer Portnouille par une BàR et c'est Rudess qui la programme ! :D

Sven
Death 'n' Troll Dokthor

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 19:31    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Pas mal, ce podcast :)

Not giving a fuck is awesome!
Jon Lajoie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Baker

MessagePosté le: Lun 22 Nov 2010 20:33    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

John_Doe a écrit:
Non, en fait, ils ont décidé de remplacer Portnouille par une BàR et c'est Rudess qui la programme ! :D

Ou jouée en live au clavier par Rudess comme sur son album 'Listen' lol

Jeu de scène époustouflant garanti Carton rouge
lejoker
Maths As DT

MessagePosté le: Mar 23 Nov 2010 21:27    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Il a l'air de vraiment bien s'éclater avec A7X, le père Portnoy !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrYOz5CRbkA
sebrouxx
Trailer Masta

MessagePosté le: Mar 23 Nov 2010 21:56    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Baker a écrit:
John_Doe a écrit:

Ou jouée en live au clavier par Rudess comme sur son album 'Listen' lol

Jeu de scène époustouflant garanti Carton rouge

I had a dream (theater?y jordan a un frere jumeau. Le vrai. Le même. Il s'appelle James et joue de la batterie. L'avenir de DT est tout trace...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail MSN Messenger
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Ven 26 Nov 2010 17:36    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le membre du groupe qui ne parle plus aux autres c'est John Myung.

U.K.'s Classic Rock Prog magazine recently spoke to the four remaining members of progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER — guitarist John Petrucci, vocalist James LaBrie, bassist John Myung and keyboardist Jordan Rudess — about the surprising departure of the band's drummer and founding member, Mike Portnoy. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

On the August 30 meeting between the DREAM THEATER bandmembers in a New York City hotel room when they first learned that Portnoy wanted to take a break from the group:

Petrucci: "It's definitely a bit surreal and I'm okay, but it's just so weird how things change. Basically, we went into a meeting expecting to talk about details of the studio and when and where, and it took a whole different turn. We were supposed to go into the studio in January and we had actually extended our break a bit so that Mike could finish out the rest of the year [as the touring drummer for] AVENGED SEVENFOLD. Then he brought up that he wanted to take a hiatus. There wasn't anything that led up to it in our minds and it kind of shocked us, you know?! We weren't expecting that at all."

On Portnoy's only proposed solution — for DREAM THEATER to go on an indefinite hiatus, believing that a break would help to rekindle his enthusiasm for both the DREAM THEATER machine as well as his relationship with the other members:

Rudess: "Yeah, he was saying a few years, three years, five years, or whatever. I really believe that's what might've been best for him and I'm sure he doesn't want to let go of DREAM THEATER. Why should he necessarily have to? Of course, there's the reality that there are four other guys who also happen to have DREAM THEATER as their lives. I think a lot of the problem was with us personally, but to me the vibe within DREAM THEATER was fine. I mean, so you've got John Myung who wasn't really socializing with us at all anymore, but as I said to Mike, 'Tell me how it's any different to when I first joined this band.' I don't see it. And I've really got no problem with him doing what he's doing with AVENGED SEVENFOLD. I think it's pretty cool going out and playing with a really successful rock group. I just have a little bit of a problem with him thinking that he could control DREAM THEATER. It's like a captain who is trying to command his ship when he's not even standing on the ship. And all the other guys are just sitting there , cruising along with a guy saying, 'The captain has left the ship. Okay, boys, here's what we're going to do: You're going to take a break.' And they're, like, 'But wait a minute, we're standing on the ship.' But Mike remains our very good friend and I think there's a lot of love there between everyone, really, when it comes down to it. He may have been a little tired of us, but the bigger picture is that we're all brothers."

On DREAM THEATER's decision to carry on without Mike Portnoy:

Petrucci: "You know, we've known each other for a long time, 25 years-plus, and I love Mike. One of the first things I said was that I was trying to understand where he was coming from and that I don't judge him. Everyone is their own man and I get it. But from my perspective and from that of the other guys, you could take those same elements mentioned by Mike, the fact that we've been a band for 25 years, that this is something that we have built up and that we love, as a reason not to stop it or even take a break."

Myung: "We love what we do and we didn't want to wait around as things became unstable. What was initially a four-month break suddenly turned into a hiatus, then changed to a year and four months, which then could have turned into anyone's guess."

Petrucci: "It was an extremely emotional moment and the whole thing to me is very heartbreaking and very sad. You know, you walk around afterwards going, 'Is this really happening?' It's almost like that feeling when somebody dies. You feel like you're in some kind of weird, limbo dream state and it's hard for me to imagine this band without him. But I think the whole beauty of DREAM THEATER is the collective nature and everybody has their talents. I think we've always been about more than just one individual and that's part of our strength. Of course we are going to miss Mike a lot, but we move forward, as is our right."

On the fact that DREAM THEATER is replacing more than just a drummer — Portnoy was the band's mascot, chief interviewee, driver of concepts, selector of setlists and was always at the forefront when the band was deliberating over a musical direction:

LaBrie: "Yes, Mike was all about those things and not to simplify it or belittle it, but that will just have to be something that we allocate to each and every one of us to take over. So that will be a major difference in the band. Instead of one person handling all of those responsibilities, it's going to be spread out over four others."

Rudess: "I guess we're excited about being able to look at all the cool stuff Mike did and spread them around a bit. We've got an amazing team of managers and tour managers, we're all very capable guys and we're not scared. This is not rocket science. This is not curing cancer, this is a rock band, and I think we can handle it."

On whether in a few years time, when all this turbulence has subsided and Portnoy feels sufficiently recharged, he would be welcomed back in DREAM THEATER:

Petrucci: "You know, I've played with Mike for so long and we have done so many things together that at some point we will play together again, and we told each other that. It would be ridiculous to think that we won't play together again. That's kind of silly. Whether it's in DREAM THEATER or something else or we reunite down the line, who knows?! If that's the way the planets align and things work out in both of our lives, then I'm certainly open to that. But in the meantime, I think we owe it to ourselves to carry on with focus and intention. Right now, we have to find an ass-kicking drummer…"

dupinguez

MessagePosté le: Ven 26 Nov 2010 17:44    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

dupinguez a écrit:
J'aurais dit Myung moi

J'ai gagné quoi?
Baker

MessagePosté le: Ven 10 Déc 2010 13:53    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

D'après Chuck No... Petrucci, le groupe aurait recommencé à faire des démos.

Je dis : miam, mais du coup plus le droit de se planter ! lol
Seosamh
Metal Besher'Hell

MessagePosté le: Ven 10 Déc 2010 13:56    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sinon ils sont aussi annoncés au High Voltage Festival à Londres cet été,, donc on devrait pas trop tarder à savoir qui sera derrière les fûts, je pense.

Divine Side | Exorcizer

"L'auditif, c'est moins visuel" (® & © Doomy)
Blackmore
WebMasta sous LSD

MessagePosté le: Ven 10 Déc 2010 14:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Baker a écrit:
D'après Chuck No... Petrucci, le groupe aurait recommencé à faire des démos.

Je dis : miam, mais du coup plus le droit de se planter ! lol

j'y crois moyen moi.
Baker

MessagePosté le: Ven 10 Déc 2010 15:25    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Moi aussi mais ça fait deux fois qu'il le dit à deux mois d'écart alors...

(En même temps des idées de merde enregistrées en démo et retravaillées vingt fois, ça reste des idées de merde ^^)
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Jeu 16 Déc 2010 12:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ca y est, ils ont trouvé leur batteur... mais ne veulent pas encore dire qui c'est (il parait qu'il s'agit de Mike Mangini mais chut!).

Interview dans Classic Rock:

Dream Theater Have A New Drummer… But Who Is It?

Dream Theater have got a replacement for Mike Portnoy, their former drummer who decided to leave the band back in September. But right now, they’re unwilling to reveal his name.

Words: Dave Ling

The news was revealed on December 9, when the band’s guitarist John Petrucci talked to Classic Rock about the band’s appearance at next summer’s High Voltage Festival. Given that three months to the day had elapsed since Portnoy broke the shock news of his exit, we began by pointing out how quickly the band have moved in getting back onto an even keel.

“I know, I know,” laughed Petrucci. “Dream Theater is like a train that can’t be stopped. The auditions went incredibly well, and we do have a guy and we’re really excited about our choice. But we’re not ready to make any announcement just yet. Before going public we want to make sure everything’s done right. We’re getting everything in line (behind the scenes). Everything has to be done 100 percent right. There’s no room for mistakes in any of this.

“All that I will say is everybody is very, very psyched about the band’s future,” he continues. “Mike’s decision to leave the band was such a shock; when somebody you’ve been with for 25 years is suddenly no longer around, it’s very bizarre and weird. The whole process of auditioning (replacements), making plans for the future and committing to play in Europe next summer at places like High Voltage has been very cathartic for us.”

Are you prepared to tell us whether the guy that got the job is one of the names that have been mooted?

“I’d rather not get into any of that, to be honest.”

Whoever he is, everybody knows he will have his work cut out to follow a drummer like Mike Portnoy. In some ways, the newcomer is accepting a bit of a poisoned chalice?

(Laughing): “Oh yeah, absolutely. It’s like: ‘You’re sure you want this gig?’. That’s very funny.”

The speed with which the High Voltage appearance was announced took everybody by surprise. You obviously disagreed – in the strongest possible terms – with Portnoy’s assertion that the band needed to take time off and recharge its batteries?

“Yeah. I started this band with Mike and John (Myung, bass) more than 25 years ago, and as a career it has steadily built and gained momentum. We have incredibly, passionate diehard fans around the world; we had no intentions disassembling our empire, or even slowing it down. If anything, especially coming off a US tour with Iron Maiden, we felt completely the opposite. The last record (2009’s Black Clouds And Silver Linings) was the highest charting record of our career, so it made no sense whatever to slow things down. If anything, we had to do the opposite: More, bigger, better.”

Intriguingly, Classic Rock’s sister title Metal Hammer ran a poll that asked its online readers whether DT should continue without MP. The result was an almost an even split – 52 per cent saying no, 48 saying yes…

“Wow, that’s interesting… I didn’t know that,” says Petrucci, sounding thoughtful.

Does it say something of the size of the task that awaits you?

“You know what?” he responds. “I’m a fan of bands myself. I understand that when people get used to seeing a band a certain way, they don’t want to start imaging it in another form. That makes complete sense to me. But at the same time, what people forget is that Dream Theater is a band – a collection of five people. It always has been. With those five people, the sum is greater than the individual parts. That’s very important for everybody to understand. Dream Theater is not about one person. It’s about the music we make collectively, and the relationship we have with our fans, also our artistic goals and visions. It’s hard for me, too, to picture it going on in a different way (without Portnoy), but it’s harder still to imagine the whole thing coming to a halt.”

Is the plan to get an album out in time for the European visit in the summer? Or simply come over and play?

“We start a new record in January but I don’t think it’ll be ready in time for the festivals. But it may be ready in time for August or something.”

Will we get to hear any of its songs at High Voltage?

“Maybe. It’s possible.”

Can you divulge who will produce? With Mike now gone, will you handle things alone?

“I’m gonna continue as the producer, yeah. We talked about it, and it’s a passion of mine so I will continue with the reins. Paul Northfield, who has done the last two records, will engineer with us. The only thing different is that it will be mixed by somebody else in order to gain a bit of outside perspective.”

Can you give a flavour of the new songs?

“No. Not yet. I’ve been writing here at home, laying down some idea and trading a few (with the rest of the band). But we do have a very definitive focus regarding the type of record we want to make. That’s something that will be revealed in time.”

Meanwhile, everybody else in the band is stepping up to the plate to compensate for Portnoy’s creative absence?

“Absolutely, yeah. When you have a family, or some kind of business, and something happens unexpectedly to send it into crisis or tragedy then everybody ends up pulling together. There’s a lot more communication going on between everybody. We have a wealth of talent and creativity, and it will pull us through.”

It’s interesting that both of High Voltage’s headliners will be at pivotal points in their careers; a new beginning for Dream Theater, and the end of the road for Judas Priest, who are winding up an inspirational four-decade career as part of a farewell global excursion called the Epitaph tour…

“Wow, I didn’t know that,” imparted Petrucci with an air of sadness. “I’ve always been a very big fan of Judas Priest… how could anyone not be? That’s bound to make for a very emotional evening.”

bap175

MessagePosté le: Jeu 16 Déc 2010 12:12    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je suis certain que le nouveau batteur est quasiment inconnu au bataillon, alors quand je vois tous les fans s'auto-masturbaient sur l'hypothétique remplacement, lol quoi :D
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 35, 36, 37  Suivante
Page 9 sur 37

Sauter vers: