Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
SYMFONIA - In Paradisum (01/04/11)
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sven
Death 'n' Troll Dokthor

MessagePosté le: Ven 01 Avr 2011 16:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
SYMFONIA et Timo Tolkki, c'est (déjà) fini !
Le groupe par le biais de son chanteur, Andre Matos, vient d'annoncer en effet le départ du guitariste. La principale raison évoquée serait le manque d'investissement de Tolkki dans le groupe, déjà remarqué durant la composition du premier album du groupe, "In Paradisum" (qui sort... aujourd'hui !), mais aussi lors des répétitions du groupe pour ses futurs concerts. C'est d'ailleurs durant l'une de ses répétitions, qu'Uli Kusch (batteur du groupe) lui aurait fait part de son mécontentement, par rapport à son retard (important) à cette répèt. Il lui aurait aussi reproché de faire preuve de "paresse" et de ne pas sembler motivé à préparer les futurs morceaux live.
Aux dernières rumeurs, ce serait un certain Kai Hansen qui le remplacerait (tout du moins pour les premières dates du groupe) ! Il retrouverait ainsi Uli Kusch, batteur des débuts de Gamma Ray...

lol

Not giving a fuck is awesome!
Jon Lajoie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Lucificum
Shred is Dead

MessagePosté le: Ven 01 Avr 2011 21:31    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

lol

En tous cas, Hansen est un songwriter vachement plus mieux que Tolki, donc ça peut le faire, du moins si le groupe perdure un peu.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Thierry

MessagePosté le: Ven 01 Avr 2011 21:41    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Poisson d'avril, tout ça?

Même si c'est crédible connaissant Tolkki...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
sebrouxx
Trailer Masta

MessagePosté le: Ven 01 Avr 2011 22:14    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et tout ça, ça ne vaut pas Steel Niggazz, best group eva.
Une révélation.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail MSN Messenger
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Juin 2011 14:15    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Uli Pampers a officiellement quitté le groupe et le deuxième album sortira en Mars prochain.
Sven
Death 'n' Troll Dokthor

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Juin 2011 14:18    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Chouette, en plus il est prolifique... Neutral

Jon Lajoie
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Juin 2011 15:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Il a quitté le groupe parce qu'il s'est blessé au poignet, qu'il s'est fait opérer et ne peut pas s'y remettre avant une bonne année, précisons-le! C'est déjà assez la merde comme ça...

Ce serait une grosse tendinite?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Ven 02 Déc 2011 23:26    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tolkki annonce la fin probable de sa carrière de musicien. Il continuera à produire d'autres groupes, et regrette l'expérience Symfonia (il y aura pas de deuxième album).

"I don't know how many of you are interested in reading this and quite frankly, I dont even care so much, but I am just writing down some early morning thoughts regarding Symfonia and other stuff going on in my life.

As it turned out to be, it all started from a cake. I thought it might be some kind of a celestial joke and maybe it was, but when 2 fans handed me a Symfonia cake after the last gig of Symfonia's South American tour, after spending 3 nights in a 15 bucks cold motel with grey concrete walls looking like a prison in Santiago de Chile and flying 28 hours to another continent to play to audiences varying from 100 to 350, I started to think that maybe this really is it. The cake was in a funny way telling me: 'hey Timo, don't you see: it's over'.
And I started to really consider my whole musician's career
. This happened in June.

Exactly a year before I had flown to Sweden to record 3 demo songs I had composed hoping to record some vocals of Andre. I spent there 6 days and from those days, I was able to squeeze about 6 hours of singing from him. In between going to supermarkets, changing diapers and me trying to solve some of their domestic disputes, I started to think if it was such a good idea after all.

But people liked the demos and I went full on producing the In Paradisum album to which I put around 1,000 working hours. Andre Matos told me very clear that this band should not do any gigs if it doesnt make any money. I basically agreed but at the same time I knew that people would still consider it as a new band. Not "The Spartacus of Metal" where the gates of superstardom would open just like that. Uli Kusch had been in and out of band due to his hand injury and in the middle of vocal recordings in Sweden, he sent me a mail telling me he would never ever play any gigs in his life because 'he was tired of piss smelling backstage rooms, the chaos, the travelling', etc. In vain I tried to tell him that this was not what we agreed. He did tell me that if Symfonia would make a second album, we could use his name for 10,000 euros and use Alex Landenburg for the recordings. And after 10 minutes came a text message that he also wanted me to pay the taxes of his fee so it would total 13,000 euros for the usage of his name. I did not respond to that but I really found it hard to believe.

Then Matos lost his voice in the middle of the vocal recordings for 4 days and while hunting for cortison shots in the middle of the deepest Swedish countryside, I really started to think that this is not gonna work.

Well we got the vocals done, did the interviews and released the album. I still think it's a good album.

Also the Japanese earthquake messed the little touring plans the band had. Then Andre told me we could make a lucrative tour in South America booked by his manager. Apparently there was some mysterious investor that was in the game. I should have known better even hearing the word investor. I decided to do the tour and after flying 30 hours: Helsinki-Frankfurt-Rome-Sao Paulo we landed only to hear that the tour is cancelled. At that point I was already ready to buy a ticket back to Finland but they managed to make a settlement and we did I guess it was 6 gigs. It was the worst and heaviest tour I have ever done in my career.

Keyboard player Mikko Harkin developed high fever and lung inflammation that was bounding pneumonia.

While lying 2 days in Sao Paulo in Formula 1 hotel (the cheapest you can get there) in a darkness I was starting to really get doubts about my future as a musician.

When I got the sales figures from Edel Records and the report from the booking agency for the festivals of Summer 2012 I decided to call it a day. It didnt make any sense to try to "conquer" the metal world since it was obvious that there was not enough interest. Don't get me wrong, it's totally cool if there is no interest.

Then I thought about my career. Around 3,000 gigs, 20 years, 20 CD's, productions, clinics, travelling. I realised that I have done a lot. I guess most of you know that I am suffering from Bipolar Disorder, one of the worst mental disorders, but with medication and non stressful lifestyle, this illness can be controlled but never cured. Playing in a touring band is far from "non stressful lifestyle" and in fact the rock'n'roll life itself is manic with its highs and lows. In those long Stratovarius tours being undiagnosed with the illlness, I could have died. I am not kidding.

Next year I will be 46. This autumn I made a decision to take some time off from the music business and concentrate on something else. I have a wonderful wife and daughter, who also happens to be a world class singer. I started giving guitar lessons again. I'm taking lots of photos. In other words, living quite normal life.

I do realize the marks the years have left in me and that I should rest and heal the wounds. There is a lot to heal. The music business is in extremely sick state in this moment and it's not gonna get any better. In a few years we will know what kind of form it will take. Maybe I one day take some part of it, maybe I dont. I really dont know at the moment.

So what about my future? If you are interested in that I can only say that it is possible that I will never record anything again. For some of you this might come as a relief. I don't know what the future will hold for me but I want to thank all of you who have supported me in these 22 some years. For you who havent supported me and continuosly are mocking me for example at Stratoboard (which makes me really sad mainly due lack of respect from a band that was my vision for 22 years and that still plays 80% of my songs although there is 2 guys left in the band called Stratovarius) I also want to thank you because without you guys, I could never have done everything I have done. It's been a great career. I hope the future brings more music but most likely it will not. But still after all I can say... I Did It My Way.

Hope to see you somewhere, take care of yourselves."

Tolkki is currently offering his services to mix and master albums. He has issued the following overview via Facebook:

"I have produced and mixed music over 20 years. Had many studios and as you have to change along the music industry, built this mixing, overdubbing and mastering suite. It is in Helsinki but you can send your recorded files projects to me from anywhere in the world. I mix and master them and send it back to you. I am able to make production masters from which CD plants manufacture CDs.

From when I receive the files, it takes two to four weeks for you to receive the mixed and mastered files back. If you want a sample of my work, I can send you one song I mixed and mastered with these equipment. For this, please send me an email."
belzaran

MessagePosté le: Sam 03 Déc 2011 0:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je n'ai aucune sympathie pour le personnage mais quand il raconte l'aventure Symfonia, ça laisse un peu songeur quand même.

MessagePosté le: Sam 03 Déc 2011 0:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sa seconde carrière est toute trouvée. C'est un des rares musiciens qui arrivent à m'intéresser à leur prose via ce genre de messages.

Comme toi, l'aventure symfonia me laisse songeur et pessimiste quant aux futurs projets du monsieur (l'écoute du disque aussi).

S'il y a un point où je suis parfaitement d'accord avec lui, c'est qu'il est un peu pitoyable d'entendre dire que les fans de strato se foutent autant de celui qui a fait tellement pour le groupe et le genre, quelque soit la dégringolade qui ait suivi. :cry:
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Sam 03 Déc 2011 0:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Vu sa santé, je pense qu'il devrait pas essayer de relancer sa carrière. Il pourrait devenir prof de guitare à plein temps, je pense que son nom pourra lui amener plein d'élèves, ça a bien marché pour Luca Trilili.
Qu'il reste chez lui avec sa famille et roule Pedro.

Si un gâteau fait par des fans a suffi à le faire réfléchir à tout ça et raccrocher les gants... je vais immédiatement en préparer un pour Dave Mustaine.
Baalim

MessagePosté le: Sam 03 Déc 2011 0:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

naaan, pas Dave.

Je suis sur qu'il reste encore un espoir. DBZ
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Dim 04 Déc 2011 2:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le dernier clip de Timo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrfBzv6yYI8&feature=player_embedded

Il est vraiment au fond du trou.
Je serais prêt à parier qu'il finira par se faire sauter le caisson.
Sven
Death 'n' Troll Dokthor

MessagePosté le: Dim 04 Déc 2011 14:07    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ptain, ils se sont éclatés avec Symfonia... Neutral

Jon Lajoie
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Fév 2012 2:35    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

TIMO TOLKKI: 'STRATOVARIUS WILL NOT EXIST ANYMORE IN FIVE YEARS'

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Sven
Death 'n' Troll Dokthor

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Fév 2012 2:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et ben pinaise, c'est joyeux, encore, tout ça!

Jon Lajoie
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mar 14 Fév 2012 19:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ce mec transpire l'aigreur. Sa carrière est morte, ça lui fait mal et il compense en venant enfoncer ses anciens collègues.

Il semble avoir oublié qu'il avait abandonné les droits sur le nom Strato (alors pourquoi chouiner quand on le laisse pas l'utiliser ?) et qu'il a pris des tonnes de décisions abracadabrantesques sans en informer les autres (c'est plutôt gonflé de venir se plaindre après coup qu'ils l'ont pas soutenu).

Bipolaire ou pas, Ce mec est vraiment devenu pathétique.
Baalim

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Fév 2012 15:36    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Certains passages de l'interview sont assez vicieux:

Citation:
The worst thing was of course to try to record a live DVD or a live album. What do you do with the vocals? Everything else was always either good or excellent, but the voice was always lacking power, energy and was always out of tune. So sadly enough, we were pressured by the record company to do a live album that was recorded at Rodon Club. Those vocals are completely rerecorded in the studio.

Everybody remembers the power that show had. And yet, why to re-record the vocals? Because they had to be re-recorded. If somebody doesn't believe me in this, there are bootlegs from that gig. Just compare the vocals of the album to the live gig and you immediately hear it.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 sur 5

Sauter vers: