Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
ALICE COOPER - Welcome to my Nightmare 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mer 26 Mai 2010 16:37    Sujet du message: ALICE COOPER - Welcome to my Nightmare 2 Répondre en citant

Et ce sera un album-concept.

Alice Cooper has begun work on a new album, to be produced by Bob Ezrin.
Ezrin has a rich history of hugely successful collaborations with Alice, including such groundbreaking albums as "Billion Dollar Babies", "Welcome To My Nightmare", "School's Out" and "Love It To Death" and has, in the past, been described by Alice as "our George Martin."
Ezrin's career has seen him work with some of the most enduring names in music including PINK FLOYD, KISS, PETER GABRIEL, JANE'S ADDICTION, LOU REED, DEFTONES and scores of others but traces its earliest successes to his association with Alice Cooper, the band and the man.

"Ten songs are written already. It's going to be called 'The Night Shift'. The concept is, it's a really dark radio show where I'm the disc jockey, and every song I play will be by a different fictitious band. At some point, you'll realize this disc jockey is a little bit more than that. And I'm sure there will be some kind of a twist ending."
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Dim 30 Mai 2010 11:53    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Finalement, ce sera la suite de Welcome to My Nightmare... et co-écrit par Desmond Child.
Cette mode des suites (qui n'arrivent jamais à la cheville des originaux de toute façon) pour relancer sa carrière en racolant les vieux fans, ça commence à me gonfler sévère.
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Dim 30 Mai 2010 14:13    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Il ne manquait plus que ça Neutral
Bon, Welcome to my nightmare, premier du nom, même si c'est un grand disque, ne figure pas tout à fait dans mes favoris d'Alice Cooper.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mar 03 Aoû 2010 14:53    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En attendant l'album, il nous sort un EP de vieux titres réenregistrés.

1. School's Out
2. I'm 18
3. No More Mr. Nice Guy
4. Welcome To My Nightmare
5. Elected (clique)

Quel intérêt ? Neutral
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Mar 03 Aoû 2010 15:02    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

$$$$$$$$
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Dragor
Oldies are goodies

MessagePosté le: Mar 03 Aoû 2010 15:47    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je suis hyper fan de Welcome To My Nightmare, et plutôt curieux de voir ce que va donner cette "suite". Le fait d'avoir déjà, par le passé, collaboré avec Desmond Child a permis au Coop' de relancer sa carrière, mais dans un style complétement différent de ses productions seventies, WTMN en tête. A surveiller.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 18 Oct 2010 18:13    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Avant l'album y a ça qui sort:
:kiss:

School's Out
Department Of Youth
I'm Eighteen
Wicked Young Man
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Go To Hell
Guilty
Welcome To My Nightmare
Cold Ethyl
Poison
The Awakening
From The Inside
Nurse Rozetta
Is It My Body
Be My Lover
Only Women Bleed - I Never Cry
Black Widow
Vengeance Is Mine
Devil's Food
Dirty Diamonds
Billion Dollar Babies
Killer
I Love The Dead
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels
School's Out

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Baalim

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Oct 2010 9:59    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et là, le spectre d'Operation Mindcrime 2 (et de Land of the Free part II) plane lugubrement au dessus de cette annonce.

Bon, Alice n'est pas encore dans le même état de décrépitude que les bons vieux Queensryche mais je ne suis pas sur qu'il soit en état de concevoir une suite au niveau du premier opus.
John_Doe

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Oct 2010 12:16    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Qu'elle soit au niveau de son meilleur album de la période moderne (The Last Temptation) me suffira largement. :)

Baalim

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Oct 2010 13:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ah oui, je me rappelle de celui-ci.
Il était vraiment pas mal.
Je me trompe ou c'est celui auquel a participé Chris Cornell ?
John_Doe

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Oct 2010 13:33    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tu ne te trompes pas. :)

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Oct 2010 14:24    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ouaip, c'était sur ce morceau: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1h9uV6qz2w

John_Doe

MessagePosté le: Mar 19 Oct 2010 14:26    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et aussi Unholy War signé par le seul Cornell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxTsx3u1QQI

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 23 Aoû 2011 18:33    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Legendary rockers Alice Cooper will release his hugely anticipated new album, "Welcome 2 My Nightmare", later this year via Universal Music Group.

Recorded with longtime collaborator Bob Ezrin, who produced the original multi-platinum "Welcome To My Nightmare" album in 1975, the record picks up right where they left off, with Alice trapped in his own warped mind.

That original album is an all-time rock classic that spawned a worldwide theatrical tour and pioneering U.S. TV special and cemented Alice Cooper as a visionary trailblazer whose influence persists today in rock, metal, pop, punk, theater, television, film and much more.

More than 35 years later, Alice and Ezrin have resurrected the horror and humor for a new generation.

"This is Alice's nightmare 35 years later," explains Alice, "Bob and I created this character and we know how to write for him. I play the part but we're not writing for me, we're writing for Alice. We kept the first 'Nightmare' album very personal to us, on this one we found more humor and we were more open. This was our world and we want to present it to the fans. The original album was my first solo album after all those huge hit records with the original band and now that nightmare is exposed, this one can be a little bit more open. The music crosses all sorts of boundaries; we went where the lyrics took us."

There is an array of collaborators on the new album, including original Alice Cooper members Denis Dunaway, Michael Bruce and Neal Smith reunited on three tracks; global pop superstar Ke$ha, who affectionately calls Alice "dad"; and legendary Alice and Lou Reed guitarist Steve Hunter, who is part of Alice's current touring band and featured prominently on the first "Nightmare" album.

Musically, the album ranges far and wide, from trashing disco to garage punk, pop balladry to a rocking number very much in the spirit of THE ROLLING STONES. And then there's the ballad "Something To Remember Me By", described by Alice as "the prettiest song we have ever released."

Glimpses of themes from the original album are intertwined throughout, each track representing a different aspect of Alice's nightmare.

From the opener, "I Am Made Of You", through the already established live favorite and first single "I'll Bite Your Face Off", to the surprising duet with Ke$ha, "What Baby Wants", this album is a reminder that albums just aren't made this way anymore.

And musicians do not play together like Dennis Dunaway, Michael Bruce and Neal Smith anymore.

"I wanted a '70s feel for 'When Hell Comes Home'," says Alice, "and I didn't even have to ask for it, it's just how they play and they did it live in the studio. When they got done playing the basic track, Bob and I just looked at each other, that sound is built into their DNA. We didn't need to go and fix anything. The way they finished was a little bit ragged and that's the way we used to finish songs, that's what I like about it."

Co-writers on various songs include the aforementioned Bob Ezrin, Ke$ha, Neal, Dennis, Michael, plus BUCKCHERRY's Keith Nelson, Desmond Child (who famously co-wrote and produced "Poison" with Alice), longtime collaborator Dick Wagner, current touring band member Chuck Garric and film composer Jeremy Rubolino.

"That's my rebellion," says Alice of the more surprising guests, "I like people that don't belong and yet what they're doing works perfectly. I don't care where it comes from, as long as it's right. If you tell me something doesn't work, I'll work my head of until it does then shove it down your throat.

"I think a lot of my audience is going to go 'KE$HA!?', but she probably wrote the most disgusting lyrics in the song — we had to rein her in. I like people to know that just because artists are put in a pigeon hole, that doesn't mean that's what they are. Give people a little room."

With Steve Hunter, one of rock's great guitarists, added to the band's line-up of guitarists Damon Johnson and Tommy Henriksen, bassist Chuck Garric, and drummer Glen Sobel, Alice has been tearing up venues worldwide on his 2011 "No More Mr. Nice Guy" tour.

Alice gave fans a treat in June with a surprise performance at London's tiny 100 Club, when actor Johnny Depp joined in on guitar. Alice showcased the powerful band that had blown away the Download festival crowd the previous weekend.

This year, the original Alice Cooper group was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, and Alice was honored with both the Kerrang! Icon Award in the U.K. and the Revolver Golden God Award in the USA.

* U.K. fan pack album release / global album release: September 16
* U.K. general album release: October 17

Single: "I'll Bite Your Face Off"

* Limited-edition seven-inch picture vinyl: September 12 with exclusive live version as the B-side
* Digital: August 22 with "Caffeine" as B-side

"Welcome 2 My Nightmare" will be released first as a "fan pack" in conjunction with Future Publishing in September, with a conventional release following in October. The fan pack includes the album, a giant poster, a facepaint set, a metal badge, an Alice face mask and a 132-page magazine dedicated to all things Alice.

"Fan Pack" track listing:

01. I Am Made Of You
02. Caffeine
03. The Nightmare Returns
04. A Runaway Train
05. Last Man On Earth
06. The Congregation
07. I'll Bite Your Face Off
08. Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever
09. Ghouls Gone Wild
10. Something To Remember Me By
11. When Hell Comes Home
12. What Baby Wants
13. I Gotta Get Outta Here
14. The Underture

Exclusive fan pack bonus tracks:

15. Under The Bed
16. Poison (Live at Download Festival)

Standard U.K. and international track listing:

01. I Am Made Of You
02. Caffeine
04. A Runaway Train
05. Last Man On Earth
06. The Congregation
09. Ghouls Gone Wild
11. When Hell Comes Home
12. What Baby Wants
14. The Underture

Standard bonus track:

15. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

Deluxe U.K. and international track listing:

01. I Am Made Of You
02. Caffeine
04. A Runaway Train
05. Last Man On Earth
06. The Congregation
09. Ghouls Gone Wild
11. When Hell Comes Home
12. What Baby Wants
14. The Underture

Deluxe bonus tracks:

15. We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
16. No More Mr. Nice Guy (Live at Download Festival)
17. The Black Widow (Live at Download Festival)

General album formats — released via Universal Music Group:

1. 2xLP blood-red vinyl with poster and exclusive track "Flatline"
2. Deluxe digipak CD with exclusive "ticket to hell" not available anywhere else, plus poster and bonus tracks "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place", "No More Mr. Nice Guy (live at Download Festival)", "Black Widow (Live at Download Festival)"
3. Standard CD/Digital Album with bonus track "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place"
4. iTunes-exclusive album with bonus track "A Bad Situation" and track-by-track commentary

Vidéo du single I'll Bite your Face Off

painlesslady
Pintless Poupoune of Steele

MessagePosté le: Mer 14 Sep 2011 12:34    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Alors il donne quoi ce 2ème cauchemar d'Alice ?
Rock Hard lui a donné une bonne note dans sa chronique, je suis curiosité.
DarkSchneider

MessagePosté le: Dim 06 Nov 2011 13:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je suis en train de l'écouter là et je suis très agréablement surpris!!

Comme ça à chaud, je dirais que c'est carrément son meilleur album depuis Brutal Planet.

On retrouve évidemment toujours cet esprit très 70's, quelques éléments moderne bien sur etc...mais surtout la production est excellente, les instrumentistes très bien utilisé (rien à voir avec le faiblard Come along a spider où le groupe était sous-utilisé). Des bonnes compos...

A creuser bien sur et voir si ça tient sur la longueur, mais une première écoute vraiment très enthousiasmante.
Mr. Moods

MessagePosté le: Dim 06 Nov 2011 14:06    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Perso, j'ai trouvé que s'il y avait quelques bons trucs, ça sentait trop l'opé marketing pour être honnête.
Et puis, entendre Alice chanter en duo avec une gonzesse autotunée à mort, ça fait un tout petit peu mal au cul.
J'en garde 5/6 titres qui auraient pu figuer sur Hey Stoopid.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: