Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
STEVE HARRIS - British Lion (24 septembre)
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Jeu 19 Juil 2012 21:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Heu... non. Toi dupinguez. Confused
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Jeu 19 Juil 2012 21:16    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Non non je t'assure! DS et moi ne sommes qu'une seule et même personne. On vient d'avoir notre bac, d'ailleurs.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Juil 2012 5:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et votre avatar cligne des yeux ?
Seosamh
Metal Besher'Hell

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Juil 2012 8:36    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

dupinguez a écrit:
Non non je t'assure! DS et moi ne sommes qu'une seule et même personne. On vient d'avoir notre bac, d'ailleurs.

Ah c'est donc pour ça, je me disais que c'était impossible qu'il existe autant de fans de heavy. lol

Divine Side | Exorcizer

"L'auditif, c'est moins visuel" (® & © Doomy)
MisterPatate
Six Frites Under

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Juil 2012 8:37    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

lol

(note pour plus tard : ne pas oublier de voter Seo pour la prochaine battle du lol)
Cedric
Dave Mitaine

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Juil 2012 9:33    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Pingouin a écrit:
Et votre avatar cligne des yeux ?

Et c'est les chanteurs de Neurosis, aussi.
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Juil 2012 10:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

C'est pas plutôt Atheist ?
Cedric
Dave Mitaine

MessagePosté le: Ven 20 Juil 2012 10:21    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Confused

Merde, je sais plus...
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Aoû 2012 17:28    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Extraits d'une interview dans Classic Rock:

Citation:
Iron Maiden bandleader Steve Harris will release his debut solo album British Lion in September.

More than a decade in the making, the 10-track collection finds Harris collaborating with a new band – vocalist Richard Taylor, guitarists Graham Leslie and David Hawkins and drummer Simon Dawson – and is described by the bassist as “70s-influenced, British-sounding hard rock”. Heandbang

Speaking exclusively to Classic Rock from Montreal during Maiden’s 34-date North American Maiden England tour, Harris promises that British Lion will contain some surprises for Maiden fans, noting: “I don’t know what people are expecting, but it’s probably not this.”

Interview: Paul Brannigan

People might be surprised to learn that there’s a Steve Harris solo album on the way…

Yeah, and I think that’s a good thing: it’s the one chance I’ve had to keep a bit of mystique. The album has been coming together over a ridiculously long time, but we’ve managed to keep it a secret and that’s been kinda fun.

So where did the impetus for British Lion come from?

How it started was that Graham Leslie came to me with a cassette of songs – which shows how long ago it was! – and I thought they were really good, so I said I’d try to help his band do something. I ended up managing them and producing them and writing with them, although I kept that fact under wraps, to the point where even some people in the band didn’t know. Anyway, when that band imploded I thought, ‘Well, I’ve got to do something with this’, because I thought the songs were so strong.

Back in 1992 you told Raw magazine that you were mentoring a young band called British Lion: was that the same band?

Yeah, that’s how it originated. Over the years I’ve kept in touch with Richie and Graham, and then Richie was working with another guitarist called David Hawkins, who’s a really talented guy, and so we started writing songs together. So on the album there are six songs written with Richie and David, there’s one with just me and Richie, and the others are me, Richie, Graham and a couple of other guys that were around at the time.

So why is this the time for a Steve Harris solo album?

Because it’s ready, it’s finally, finally ready. The guys have been waiting very patiently for years for me, and it’s been frustrating at time, but what can I do, I’m so busy with Maiden. People have already said to me, ‘Are you going to do this instead of Maiden?’ and I’m like, ‘Of course not!’ Maiden is always going to be the priority, always has been and always will be, but it’s interesting and exciting to try new things.

No one reading this will have heard British Lion yet: how would you describe it?

Well, what I think and what other people will think might be two different things, but I’d say it’s more mainstream rock than metal, very British sounding, very 70s-influenced and quite commercial… but good commercial. There’s all kinds of stuff going on, with nods to The Who and UFO and some classic British rock bands, but it’s not the progressive rock album some might be expecting. Heandbang

There’s quite a nostalgic feel to the album in places: is British Lion a homage to the music you grew up listening to?

You could say that, I suppose, but then you could probably say the same about Maiden. But yeah, the older you get the more nostalgic you are: you become more aware of your own mortality and start thinking weird and wonderful things… especially when you’ve had a few pints of Guinness!

Perhaps inevitably, there are elements of the classic Maiden sound in the album too. What was to stop a song such as Us Against The World ending up on a Maiden album?

Because it’s written with other people. There’s no way I’d ever bring anything to Maiden that was written with outside people because there’s no point: there’s a lot of great songwriters in Maiden and we don’t need or want any help.

Some people will be confused as to why you need to do a solo album at all, given that Maiden has always been your band: surely within Maiden you can do whatever you want?

Well, no Maiden isn’t really like that. Yes, on the early albums most of the songs are mine, but as we’ve gone into different eras with different people writing, there’s been more and more collaborations. And I think it’s been important for Maiden to do that rather than have me dictating everything. But I have bags full of ideas, so many that I couldn’t record them all in my lifetime, and I tried out a few different things on this, because I had the time to do experiment.

Will you tour British Lion with the band?

Yeah, I mean, what are my alternatives, playing acoustic bass on my own? We’ll definitely tour it. But there are no shows arranged yet, because we don’t know yet what we’ve got. I know we’ll be playing clubs, which is great because I’ve not played clubs for years, but do we play in front of 200 people, 400 people, 600? I’d be totally happy with 200 people a night, that’d be brilliant, but I just don’t know.

What expectations do you have for the album?

Truthfully, I don’t know what kind of reaction it’s going to get. And that’s quite exciting for me. Even with Maiden I don’t have expectations and this is a very different thing: this is stepping outside that safe Maiden bubble and finding out what’s going on in the real world.

Will British Lion free up other people in Maiden to do more solo stuff?

I think Bruce will do another one: we were talking about my album the other day and I think it got him thinking that it’s been 10 years since he last did one. So it’s probably time he did another one. Maybe this will prove to everyone that you can be in Maiden and do other stuff as well. And there’ll definitely be another British Lion record. I want to do more things with Maiden obviously, but if some of the guys decide that they don’t want to do as much in the future, then I’ve got this as well: this is my safety valve, because what else am I gonna do? I want to cram in as much as possible before I kick the bucket.

* British Lion will be released by EMI on September 24.

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Cedric
Dave Mitaine

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Aoû 2012 18:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ca m'a l'air assez cohérent hein ?
J'avoue être plus excité par l'idée d'une nouvelle collaboration Dickinson/Z toute fois...

A voir donc !
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Aoû 2012 19:03    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le problème de Bruce, c'est qu'il est condamné à courir après le succès artistique de Chemical Wedding.
Il fera jamais aussi bien (et certainement pas mieux).
Cedric
Dave Mitaine

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Aoû 2012 19:16    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Arf, on n'en sait rien ma petite dame... Ok Tyranny Of Souls était moins bon mais.
Mais.
Rêve avec moi Pingouin.

Imagine avec tes grands yeux qu'Adrian Smith se fasse un peu chier à la pêche au moment ou Bruce-Bruce reprend l'aventure "Z".

Imagine un peu ce que ça donnerait, vu que Smith, à défaut d'être aussi fougueux que dans les 80's, continue d'écrire des put@ins de morceaux.

Et même sans ! Tyranny était moins bon, mais composé un peu à la hâte, à deux, un en Angleterre, en train de produire je-ne-sais-quoi, l'autre en tournée mondiale.
Imagine qu'ils se posent, les deux lascars !

Honnêtement, j'y crois pas trop, à mieux que Chemical, mais aussi bien, franchement c'est jouable.

Je pense.
lol
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Aoû 2012 5:46    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je sais pas ce que tu prends, mais j'en veux bien.

Je pense aussi que sur le papier, ça pourrait être possible. Roy Z tourne en rond, mais il a encore du jus.
Le problème, c'est Bruce-Bruce-Bruce-Bruce-Bruce. A l'époque de Chemical, il en voulait. L'album était assez ambitieux et il voulait prouver qu'il pouvait faire plus "artistique" et "profond" qu'un Accident of Birth sympa mais qui restait un appel du pied au fan de Maiden.
Cette gnaque, il ne l'a plus depuis qu'il est revenu au bercail et que Maiden re-cartonne.
A l'époque de Tyranny of Souls, il disait clairement que l'album cassait pas trois pattes à un canard à l'orange, mais que comme il voulait se faire plaisir, il le sortait en l'état quand même. C'est plus du tout le même état d'esprit. C'est pour ça que je ne crois plus en un grand disque venant de lui.
Droom
Oslow

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Aoû 2012 7:22    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tous les projets du bonhomme sont annulés.

Je viens de le manger au petit-déjeuner. Avec du miel en plus.

Je suis drôle non?
C'est parce que j'ai mangé du lion ça. Du lion Anglais.

Dernière édition par Droom le Mer 29 Aoû 2012 8:42; édité 1 fois
Cedric
Dave Mitaine

MessagePosté le: Mer 29 Aoû 2012 7:39    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ah ouais, je viens de capter ta blague.

Neutral

lol
Seosamh
Metal Besher'Hell

MessagePosté le: Jeu 20 Sep 2012 14:02    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

L'album est en écoute sur le site de Steve.

Divine Side | Exorcizer

"L'auditif, c'est moins visuel" (® & © Doomy)
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Jeu 20 Sep 2012 14:08    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le son est vraiment à chier, ça n'aide pas!
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Sam 22 Sep 2012 12:07    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

J'aime bien (chanteur compris).
The Chosen Ones (le titre) est très bon, on dirait vraiment du vieux UFO période Obsession, accrocheur, refrain très mélodique. Je comprends pourquoi il citait les Who, Rush (première période) et UFO pour présenter l'album dans une interview. UFO n'a jamais été du genre "agressif", aussi bien pour le chant ou pour la guitare. Donc là, Steve Harris est resté fidèle à cette formule 70's, un clavier discret, une guitare, une basse et un chant plutôt soft.
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Sam 22 Sep 2012 17:41    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

C'est pas si mal, en fait. Je m'attendais à bien plus faiblard que ça.
Il y a pas mal de morceaux bien meilleurs que tout ce qu'il a composé en solo pour son groupe depuis plus de 10 ans, et il y a évidemment des relents de Maiden (Us Against the World, These are the Hands et Karma Killer auraient eu leur place sur The Final Frontier).

Ca reste anecdotique, mais on sent quand même qu'il y a eu un peu d'efforts derrière tout ça. On est loin des albums solo torchés en 3 jours de tous les artistes de chez Frontiers. Je pense pas que ça vaille l'achat, ceci dit.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 09 Oct 2012 11:43    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Maiden haven’t heard Harris album

Iron Maiden mainman Steve Harris believes his bandmates haven’t heard his solo album British Lion.

He didn’t want to force them into sitting through the recent release, and only played it to drummer Nicko McBrain when he asked to listen.

Harris tells Decibel: “When someone else in Maiden is working on another project, no one really talks about it. Bruce and Adrian don’t go around broadcasting to the others and I didn’t either.

“Nicko asked to hear it so I played it for him. But the other guys haven’t asked to hear it, so I haven’t played it for them. Simple as that, really.”

The bassist flatly denies the suggestion that his material is made up of Maiden cast-offs.

“This is not throwaway Maiden stuff,” he insists. “These aren’t riffs I could have used in Maiden. It was done with other people, and as soon as that happens it’s not going to be Maiden.”

He accepts three tracks, Us Against the World, The Chosen Ones and A World Without Heaven could sound a little like material from his main band, but only “because they’ve got those harmony guitars.

“In general it’s more riffy,” he continues. “Obviously there’s lots of melody. There’s lots of melody in Maiden as well. Sometimes I think Maiden doesn’t get enough credit for the melody we do have.”

Harris, who’d been working on the solo project on and off since at least 1993, says it’s a relief to have it released at last.

He explains: “I think everyone knows I’m the one that’s busiest in Maiden. When we’re not touring or recording I’m still doing loads of Maiden stuff, video editing and God knows what else, so I get less downtime than the others.

“That’s why it’s taken so long. I was trying to find bits in here and there when the other people were available to work while I was in the UK, which over the last few years has not been very often.”

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Page 2 sur 3

Sauter vers: