Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
JUDAS PRIEST - Redeemer of Souls (14 Juillet)
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Mai 2013 2:26    Sujet du message: JUDAS PRIEST - Redeemer of Souls (14 Juillet) Répondre en citant

JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Richie Faulkner and singer Rob Halford spoke about the progress of the songwriting and recording sessions for the band's next studio album — the group's first since the departure of founding guitarist K.K. Downing.

"It's coming along really well," Faulkner said. "We're not saying too much about it at the moment — it's kind of early to say. But it's shaping up really well. The great thing from a writing point of view is that PRIEST's brand of music is so broad, there's a lot to take from. One extreme from the other. You can put stuff on the table and nothing is discounted. You might get some bands that are like, 'Oh, we can't do that, it sounds a bit like this or that.' With PRIEST, you can put anything on the table and you've got the flexibility from the scope of the sound, creatively. And then you've got people like Halford and Glenn [Tipton, guitar], they put their stamp on it. Songs like 'Green Manalishi' and 'Diamonds And Rust' — when a band like PRIEST, with that sort of musical voice, gets on something, it becomes a whole different monster. And the same thing with the new stuff. So it's exciting. And from my point of view, to be a part of that is ridiculous. It's fantastic."

Asked if he is involved in the songwriting process, Richie said: "Yes. I put some stuff on the table. It's always been a writing team. And to even be given the chance to put stuff forward is amazing. It could have been a bit awkward if it didn't fit in or whatever, but it fit in, and it's all working really well. And from a fan's point of view, I've been in bands before [where they said], 'Oh, you can't play that, it sounds like PRIEST.' Now you can. I can't wait to hear the finished thing.

Regarding when fans should expect to see the new PRIEST album, Halford said: "[It will be] ready when it's ready - at the end of the year, probably. But no rush. We don't want to drop the ball – we've never dropped the ball, anyway. We've never slacked off — we've always enjoyed writing, we've always enjoyed being in the studio. There's never been like, 'Oh, God, we've got to make another record.' There's always been this genuine desire. The hunger has never left us. When you wake up, it's like, 'Another heavy metal day. What are we going to do today?' It's great. As a 62-year-old man, I'm just really pleased that I'm still feeling that way about my metal. I'm a metal head — I'm sixty-fucking-two, it's incredible. That side of PRIEST is just solid as ever. We're eager to keep going down the metal coalmine and seeing if we can hack up some diamonds."

Ha ha, ils ont toujours envie de sortir des albums, quelle bande de vieux cons !

Dernière édition par Pingouin le Lun 28 Avr 2014 13:52; édité 2 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
DarkSchneider

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Mai 2013 9:04    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Pour une fois, ça me semble très juste ce que dis Faulkner par rapport au processus de composition. Mais ça va faire bizarre un album sans Downing. Et espérons qu'Halford n'en fasse pas des tonnes en studio : parcequ'il va bien falloir défendre tout ça en live, pas comme avec Nostradamus.
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Mai 2013 10:04    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je l'ai pas réécouté depuis Mathusalem, mais j'ai pas le souvenir que Robinet flirtait avec ses limites sur Nostradamus.
Il était pas dans les médiums tout du long (avec 2-3 tentatives d'ultrasons pour la forme) ? Confused
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Mai 2013 15:45    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Si. C'est sur certains vieux classiques qu'il a parfois du mal sur scène.

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
DarkSchneider

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Mai 2013 16:28    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je suis loin de m'y connaître en chant. Mais sur Nostradamus (qui est clairement medium), cela n'empêche que certainEs lignes de chant sont assez travaillées. Mais comme par hasard, en live ils n'ont fait que "Prophecy" et "Death" dont je suis à près certain que ce choix à surtout été dicté en fonction des capacités vocales d'Halford puisque les lignes vocales de ces morceaux sont sans doute les plus faciles à interpréter.

Et puis sur scène, un titre comme Painkiller est systématiquement massacré. Rien d'étonnant qu'ils aient choisis de jouer tout British Steel plutôt que Nostradamus : là encore, c'est sans doute l'album le moins fatiguant pour Halford.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Mai 2013 17:10    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Oui, ça plus le fait que c'est "légèrement" plus vendeur pour les fans d'avoir droit à British Steel plutôt qu'à Nostradamus !

D'ailleurs ils avaient parlé de jouer l'album en entier lors de sa sortie, mais ça ne s'est jamais fait bien entendu.

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Dim 28 Juil 2013 0:04    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sur l'album Blown de Deeds, on pouvait déjà entendre que Faulkner savait aligner les bons riffs heavy. Donc je pense qu'ils ont fait avec lui une très bonne recrue.

Mais sur scène, Halford c'est pas demain la veille qu'il refera du heavy metal comme ça :
http://youtu.be/5MDF404XMIU
Je ne le redirais jamais assez, mais ce New Haven 88 est une tuerie ! Bien plus de pêche dessus, que le Priest... live officiel.
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Dragor
Oldies are goodies

MessagePosté le: Dim 28 Juil 2013 10:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Rob avait la super forme à cette période :metalbeer:
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Jeu 26 Sep 2013 18:37    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

K.K. DOWNING On Leaving JUDAS PRIEST: 'I Just Wasn't Enjoying It Anymore'

Former JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Kenneth "K.K." Downing spoke to Midland Rocks about his shocking April 2011 announcement that he was leaving the band prior to their "Epitaph" world tour.

Downing, who recently started a career as a rock promoter under the banner The Future Of Heavy Metal, says that, contrary to popular belief, he didn't retire from the music business.

"I'll never get away from this retirement thing, but what happened was that I quit," Downing explains. "Retired implies that I am not physically able to do it. I am able to do it, but I didn't want to do it; I just wasn't enjoying it anymore

"A lot of things had changed. I think I counted about thirty reasons why I didn't want to do it at the time, and that is an awful lot of reasons.

"In all honesty, I think that in so many respects it had run its course.

"If you're part of a songwriting team, you get the recognition and reward for creating something, but for me, PRIEST became about going out and playing live and replicating exactly what people had enjoyed ten, twenty or thirty years ago. The fans would be just as happy if they could see us bin all of the modern guitars we now play and take them on a walk down memory lane, because I think that's what people enjoy most. And I understand that, because if I could go out now and see Eric Clapton with CREAM, then I would be the happiest person in the world."

He continues: "One of the beautiful things about being in the industry was the ability to continue to invent and create, constructing songs and making good records. You do feel the need to be creative, and that was taken away with the downloading thing, and as you get older, the balance of the scales starts to tip. So if you can't be creative, why would you want to continue to dedicate the time into something?

"I suppose if the industry was still healthy and people still had to spend their hard-earned money buying a record, it would be different, but if you give something away, then it has no value.

"We used to buy an album and think, 'Well, it's not that good, but I'll play it a million times [and] I'm sure I'll get into it, and now it doesn't really get a second chance.

"In the past, there was always the opportunity to create a record like 'Dark Side Of The Moon' [PINK FLOYD] or 'British Steel' [JUDAS PRIEST] or 'Back In Black' [AC/DC] that would be one of those albums that would be indelible and people will always come back to. And I think that opportunity has gone now, and I think it would take a miracle for one of those to happen again.

"If you consider an album like [JUDAS PRIEST's much-maligned conceptual effort] 'Nostradamus', then if that had been released in 1978, then it would have been another 'Dark Side Of The Moon', but it is all about the timing.

"When you think about it, in the early days, we had the opportunity to write great songs, play great solos and have great vocal performances, but people get used to it and it is hard now to get the reaction of, 'Wow, have you heard the new PRIEST album?'

"The industry has changed so much… I see companies that are repackaging and rehashing, and that started happening to us, and that was not a pretty thing to be a part of. It's kind of duping the fans a bit, because there are fans around the world that have got to have everything to complete their collection, so even if there are only a few thousand of them, if you put out a box collection, it might be $100, which is a lot of dollars, and so for me, that is something that I didn't get into music for."

Downing's place in JUDAS PRIEST was filled by new guitarist Richie Faulkner.

JUDAS PRIEST is currently writing and recording material for a new studio album, to be released sometime next year.

DarkSchneider

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Sep 2013 12:09    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

J'aime bien ce qu'il dit. On sent le gars de la vieille génération qui n'arrive pas à se faire à la situation actuelle mais tout ce qu'il dit est juste. Notamment sur le bussiness autour des réeditions bidons et autres lives et best-of à la con.
On le sent amer du manque de promotion de Nostradamus et je le comprends vraiment là-dessus. Dingue que le groupe n'ait pas défendu plus que ça un album qui contenait pas mal de très bon titres !
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Sep 2013 21:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yep, le Priest aurait du jouer les meillleurs titres de cet album.
Pas le jouer en entier (ça aurait été trop chiant, sérieux), mais faire une tournée à la Maiden, donc avec au minimum 6 chansons de cet album. Ca aurait vraiment eu de la gueule. Le top aurait été un mini-orchestre derrière ! Rob aurait été à l'aise, ça aurait été épique et les chansons auraient été magnifiée par le traitement live.

Les 2 qu'ils avaient joué (m'en rappelle plus des titres) rendaient vraiment bien et faisaient partis des meilleurs moments de cette tournée.
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Sep 2013 21:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

J'ai toujours pensé que le final Heavy Duty et Defenders Of The Faith était un truc fait pour le live.
Sans grand intérêt sur album, mais en concert, tu lèves fièrement le poing, c'est la grande communion métallique.

Bingo ! P*t**n, le Priest qui se la joue "We will rock you", comme ça déchiiiiiiire !
http://youtu.be/7j9dkh6CRpU

Jules Claretie
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 19 Mar 2014 11:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Halford tells Artisan News: “The record is absolutely finished as of today. It’s a relief, because whenever Priest make an album you put your heart and soul into it. It’s not an easy thing to do 40 years later.

“But Priest has always been up for the challenge of that. It’s one of the things we love to do more than anything else. This is a great time – 40th anniversary, a brand new record. Life couldn’t be better.”

A release date hasn’t been confirmed for what will be the band’s 17th studio album, although it’s expected later this year. They’re unlikely to embark on a large-scale world tour in support of the launch, after saying their Epitaph trek, which ended in 2012, would be the last of its kind.

Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Jeu 10 Avr 2014 18:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Avr 2014 12:46    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

merci foule fête
Sex, Drugs & Cyril Rool

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Avr 2014 13:52    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Maman j'ai peur.
Br.
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Avr 2014 13:50    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

La title track : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhkoNQ-7uRw

L'album s'appelera Redeemer of Souls. Ca s'annonce nul.

Citation:
British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST have set "Redeemer Of Souls" as the title of their long-awaited new album. The CD will be released through Epic/Columbia on the following dates: Friday, July 11: Australia Austria Benelux Finland Germany Ireland New Zealand Norway Sweden Switzerland Turkey Monday, July 14: Asia (excluding Japan) Czech Republic Denmark France Greece Hungary Poland Portugal South Africa UK Tuesday, 15: Canada Italy Latin America Russia Spain USA Wednesday, July 16: Japan The "Redeemer Of Souls" title track can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. Speaking to Artisan News at last month's VIP listening party for the Ronnie James Dio tribute album "This Is Your Life" and awards gala at the Avalon in Hollywood, California, JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford stated about the band's new CD: "The record is finished; it's absolutely finished as of today." He added: "It's a relief. It's a relief because whenever PRIEST makes an album, like any band, you put your heart and soul into it; it is that typical 'blood, sweat and tears.' It's not an easy thing to do 40 years later. But PRIEST has always been up for the challenge of that, and it's one of things that we love to do more than anything else as we move on through our metal years. So this is a great time for PRIEST: 40th anniversary, a brand new record. Life couldn't be better." In a 2013 interview with Billboard.com, Halford described the new PRIEST CD's sound as "hard. It's heavy. It's something we think our PRIEST fans will be thrilled with. We know we have a reputation to maintain, and we know we have to deliver something really strong and solid. The album is going to be full of all the great things you love about JUDAS PRIEST — I don't think I can say anything more than that without being hung, drawn and quartered." Speaking to VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner, Halford said about what fans can expect from JUDAS PRIEST's next LP: "We felt it was very important to follow up [2008's] 'Nostradamus', the last release, and that was a concept experiment and it was a real success for us and the fans loved it, but I think our fans and ourselves as a band, we want to get back to the side of PRIEST that we haven't heard for a few years and reemphasize and remake those big, heavy metal statements again." PRIEST's next album will mark the band's first release with Richie Faulkner, most recently guitarist in the backing band for Lauren Harris (daughter of IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris). Faulkner joined PRIEST as the replacement for original PRIEST guitarist Kenneth "K.K." Downing, who announced his retirement from the band in April 2011. Asked how it has been collaborating on new music with Faulkner, Halford told Guitar World in a 2012 interview: "Really, really strong. Exciting. He's riffing and saying, 'Robby, I'm thinking of this and this and this.' It's really exciting to have that kind of energy, because you feed off of it." He added: "[Richie] went through the ritual on [the 'Epitaph'] tour, did great work on stage, the fans embraced him, so it's now time to see what we're capable of, the writing trio of Glenn [Tipton] and Richie and myself." Regarding whether technology has changed JUDAS PRIEST's songwriting process at all, Halford said: "It's dangerous to walk around with a flash drive on a bunch of keys. [Laughs] To a great extent, it doesn't really change. The technology is amazing in terms of the advantages it brings to music now, some of it good, some of it very bad. It's all about discipline and self-belief, determination, wanting to do the best you can do and not accepting anything that's below par. We've always had that attitude in PRIEST. We've always felt really strongly about any track that goes out for our fans. We're still doing it like we always have: firing up the riffs and finding a vocal melody to go with it, me going into me wonderful world of the Roget's Thesaurus and trying to come up with a new lyric and a new idea. And that's what we've been doing for four decades."

S1phonique
Chauve No Mercy

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Avr 2014 13:55    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

AVANT :

APRES :

Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Avr 2014 13:59    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sad but True. Il fait peine à entendre, le Robert.

Et sur la chanson en elle-même, c'est Hell Patrol sans l'énergie. C'est triste à dire, mais ce serait pas Judas, je trouverais ça insipide et sans intérêt.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Avr 2014 14:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je peux pas dire que j'aime pas (surement mon côté fan boy), mais ça sonne un peu comme du sous-Painkiller en effet. Neutral

Edith rajoute la pochette en entier:

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3  Suivante
Page 1 sur 3

Sauter vers: