Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
SCAR THE MARTYR (Joey Jordison+Jed Simon) - ? (Automne 2013)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Oni²
Onishuggah

MessagePosté le: Dim 23 Juin 2013 9:12    Sujet du message: SCAR THE MARTYR (Joey Jordison+Jed Simon) - ? (Automne 2013) Répondre en citant

Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison has unveiled details of his new project, Scar The Martyr. Recorded at Sound Farm Studios in Des Moines, IA, Scar The Martyr's debut album was produced by Rhys Fulber, whose production and mixing credits include Fear Factory, Rob Zombie, Mindless Self Indulgence, Front Line Assembly and more. The as-yet-untitled album is slated to arrive later this fall.

Recognized globally as one of the best drummers in rock, Jordison is both a primary songwriter and the drummer for the Grammy Award-winning Slipknot. The Scar The Martyr recording sessions saw him behind the drum kit, while also playing bass on all songs, and rhythm guitar on all but two. The album was written by Joey and lead vocalist Henry Derek, and joining them in the studio were keyboardist Chris Vrenna (Nine Inch Nails), as well as guitarists Jed Simon (Strapping Young Lad) and Kris Norris (Darkest Hour) who collectively handled all lead guitars on the album.

Scar The Martyr sees Jordison treading in new sonic territory and expanding upon his already remarkable abilities as songwriter and performer. A searing rock record that draws elements from post-punk and industrial music to create an immersive and modern attack, the album creates a menacing and enveloping palette of surging synthesizers layered under heavy guitars and Jordison's trademark precision drumming.

"With this project, I focused my efforts on writing for the better of the song,” says Jordison. “I wasn't worried about flash or persona...It's all about writing a good solid song. I'm writing music that people can grasp and hold on to...something that resonates. If you don't have that, then you have nothing."

Et un petit teaser

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/scar-the-martyr-20130621

Y a aussi le gratteux de Darkest Hour et le claviériste de NIN dedans mais j'avais pas assez de place pour l'écrire dans le titre :)
Oslow

MessagePosté le: Dim 23 Juin 2013 10:26    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
from post-punk and industrial music to create an immersive and modern attack, the album creates a menacing and enveloping palette of surging synthesizers layered under heavy guitars

Miam !
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Oni²
Onishuggah

MessagePosté le: Sam 03 Aoû 2013 20:54    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hop ! Extrait

Scar the Martyr have teamed up with Revolver to premiere their new single, “Blood Host.” Their self-titled debut is set to arrive October 1 via Roadrunner Records.

Led by drummer and Slipknot member Joey Jordison, the band was rounded out in the studio by lead vocalist Henry Derek, keyboardist Chris Vrenna (Nine Inch Nails), and guitarists Jed Simon (Strapping Young Lad) and Kris Norris (Darkest Hour). The live incarnation of the group features Derek, Simon, Norris, keyboardist Joey Blush, and bassist Kyle Konkiel.

Jordison says of the track, “It’s very coincidental that ‘Blood Host’ is our first track and video because it was the first song I wrote for this project when it was nothing but a mere idea at best. Songs, of course, followed, and molded into an overall feel, concept, and now a full-length album. ‘Blood Host’ has it all: hypnotic riffs, soaring choruses, pummeling breakdowns, and the lyrics are infectious in every sense. We are very proud of the track and it pretty much lets you know where we are coming from, musically, and what we are all about live. Scar the Martyr, up close and personal.”

Scar the Marytr are set join Danzig on their upcoming 25th Anniversary Tour, which will also include performances by ex-Misfitis guitarist Doyle and female-fronted pagan-metal outfit Huntress.

For more, check out the band’s website and Facebook page.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exclusive-scar-the-martyr-featuring-joey-jordison-of-slipknot-premiere-new-song-blood-host.html
Onishuggah

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Oct 2013 7:59    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Blood Host - le clip
Fantomaths

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Oct 2013 12:26    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Y a eu une overdose manifeste de hamburgers, chez Jordison.

De rien.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
CCC
Once a camel

MessagePosté le: Lun 21 Oct 2013 20:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ca me fait penser à du Crack Ov Dawn en plus bourrin et moderne. C'est catchy.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: