Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
CALIFORNIA BREED (Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham et Andrew Watt)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Mar 2014 14:13    Sujet du message: CALIFORNIA BREED (Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham et Andrew Watt) Répondre en citant

Fuck Black Country Communion, Hughes et Boham continuent ensemble et montent un nouveau groupe, CALIFORNIA BREED, avec le guitariste Andrew Watt.

Exclusive: “Black Country what?” Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham’s new band

Former Black Country Communion stars, singer-bassist Glenn Hughes and drummer Jason Bonham, have announced the formation of a new band – California Breed. Featuring the astounding talents of 23-year-old singer-guitarist Andrew Watt, the fact that their first album has been produced by Dave Cobb, whose spectacular work with Rival Sons has received so much acclaim, gives a big clue as to what they sound like.

“It’s proper rock,” says Hughes, “but at the same time it’s very now. Andrew is as influenced by Mick Ronson as he is Jimmy Page.”

“I grew up listening to all the grunge bands,” says Watt, “but my dad always played me The Who, the Stones and Led Zeppelin so that became my music too.

“This kid is amazing,” says Bonham. “The first time we met I thought he looked like the white Jimi Hendrix. And he plays in the studio likes he’s onstage!”

The three-man line-up got together as California Breed for the first time last year after Hughes was introduced to the newcomer from New York by their mutual friend Julian Lennon. “Julian was having an exhibition of his photographs at the Morrison Hotel Gallery in LA,” Glenn recalls, “and he said, ‘You must meet this guy, he’s the most fantastic guitarist – who turned out to be Andrew.”

Reconvening at Hughes’ Hollywood home a few days later, “The chemistry was just instant,” says Hughes. “We immediately wrote two songs together, Chemical Rain and Solo, both of which have ended up on the album. That’s when I called Jason and said you’ve gotta come down right now.”

“The energy when I walked in the room was crackling,” recalls Bonham. “I was so pleased. Glenn and I had not only really locked in as a rhythm section in BCC but we’d started writing together and we both really wanted to keep that good feeling going.”

Indeed, all 12 tracks on the as-yet untitled forthcoming California Breed album – the band have signed a deal with signed a deal with the Frontiers label - have equal co-writing credits amongst the band. Recorded at Cobb’s Nashville studio, “Everything was done more or less live,” says Hughes, “including the vocals. Which is the reverse of how I’ve always done things”.

The end result is a sound that combines all the classic rock elements of BCC – big, meat-cleaver riffs and heart-rending vocals – but with a 21st century gloss that comes from working with someone as up-to-the-minute and talented as Watt (whose previous music can be heard at his Soundcloud page and on the track below, with video directed by Mick Rock).
Chameleon - Andrew Watt, Video Directed by Mick Rock

Look out for the first single, Midnight Oil, a raunchy Stones-esque rocker with breathless female backing vocals, deep groove rhythms and face-smacking guitars. The other breakout track is All Falls Down, the kind of spine-tingling pop-rock-who-knows-what that starts all colour and light and finishes all towering harmonies, back-arching guitars and epidemic-sized catchiness.

There are others but, as Hughes says, “You’ll have to wait for the album in May to hear them. This, I promise, is going to be something special.”

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 05 Mar 2014 14:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

L'album sort le 19 mai.

Glenn Hughes exclusive: California Breed is a sexual machine… We do ‘rock swagger’

California Breed, the new band featuring former Black Country Communion members Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham, release their self-titled debut album via Frontiers Records on May 19.

Comprising a dozen new songs and produced by Dave Cobb (whose work Hughes fell in love with thanks to Rival Sons’ Pressure And Time album), it’s edgier, chunkier and heavier than any of the three BCC studio releases.

“I call what we do ‘rock swagger’ – this is a very sexual album,” says bassist/vocalist Hughes grandly.
“I don’t want to sound like David [Coverdale] here, but this band is a sexual machine.” lol

The inclusion in the band of a virtual unknown, 23-year-old New York guitarist Andrew Watt, helps to propel Hughes and Bonham in a more contemporary though no less hard-rocking direction.

“Andrew is more influenced by Jimmy Page than by Ritchie Blackmore,” explains Hughes, “and he also loves Mick Ronson and John Frusciante [Red Hot Chili Peppers]. We speak the same language, and we co-wrote the songs together. He’s ready for an opportunity like this, but above all Andrew is someone that actually wants to play 120 shows a year.”

The album’s track listing is: The Way, Sweet Tea, Chemical Rain, Midnight Oil, All Falls Down, The Grey, Days The Come, Spit You Out, Strong, Invisible, Scars and Breathe.

Much can be read into the leap from the Black Country, the English midlands birthplace of Hughes and Jason Bonham, the son of Led Zeppelin legend John, to the new handle of California.

“For whatever reason, Joe [Bonamassa, former BCC guitarist] and his manager [Roy Weisman] wanted to own the name, even though Jason and I came up with it,” Hughes explains. “They just weren’t interested in leasing it to us. So I’ve moved on with California Breed.”

He insists that no ill will towards Joe Bonamassa exists, despite the war of words that spelled the demise of Black Country Communion.

“Joe and I are talking again – everything is fine. I should’ve listened better when he said that he is a solo artist; Black Country were [just] a project for him,” says Hughes. “I’ve absolutely no regrets about being in Black Country Communion because it made me a rock artist again, which is something I should’ve done as long ago as 1983.”

Hughes wants to stress that he actually quit BCC before the group spiralled towards the grave.

“Nobody really knows this but I resigned on September 21st, 2012 – the night before the Jim Marshall 50th anniversary concert [at Wembley Arena]”, clarifies Hughes. “I did that because there was no hope of touring. Jason [Bonham] and I did want to continue as Black Country, and we spoke to some very famous friends such as Zakk [Wylde], Steve Vai and Joe Satriani who were all interested but couldn’t commit to touring – so it was back to the Joe Bonamassa scenario.”

The trio’s first live dates will shortly be announced. Meanwhile, Hughes has been added to the cast of this year’s Sunflower Jam at London’s Royal Albert Hall on April 4.

“I’m looking forward to sharing the love with Deep Purple’s Mark X, and of course paying tribute to my good friend, the late Jon Lord, God bless him,” he says.

California Breed is available via Frontiers Records on CD and CD/DVD deluxe edition from May 19.

Look out for tour dates at: www.californiabreed.com

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 19 Mar 2014 18:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

1er extrait:

California Breed - Sweet Tea (Official / New Album 2014 / Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham, Andrew Watt)

Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 04 Aoû 2014 13:36    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bonham quitte déja le groupe, c'est Joey Castillo (ex-Queens Of The Stone Age) qui le remplace.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-08-04/bonham-bows-out-of-california-breed

Edith a senti que je me sentais un peu seul ici et elle en profite pour rappeler à tout le monde que l'album de California Breed est réellement excellent, moins virtuose mais bien plus fun à écouter que ne l'était Black Country Communion.

Comme elle est sympa elle vous remet quelques morceaux:

California Breed - Sweet Tea (Official / New Album 2014 / Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham, Andrew Watt)

California Breed - The Way (Official / New Album 2014 / Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham, Andrew Watt)

Et la superbe ballade All Falls Down, en live.

Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Lun 04 Aoû 2014 21:15    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A voir.
Je n'ai jamais vraiment accroché à Black Country Communion.
Moi je préfère les albums solos du père Glenn Hughes de 1994 à 2003, où là mes amis, c'était un réel âge d'or pour lui, d'une richesse et d'une diversité incroyable.
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 05 Aoû 2014 10:02    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

De la période dont tu parles je connais surtout l'excellent Songs in the Key of Rock, qui sonne vraiment comme du Deep Purple mark 3 ou 4, un régal ! :kiss: , The Way It Is, varié et assez pop (bof), et Soul Mover, plus soul, pas mal. Et le plus FM From Now On... dont la plupart des morceaux sont sur le live mythique Burning Japan.

J'aimerais bien mettre la main sur Addiction qui a l'air vraiment bon, heavy et sombre, et sur Return of Crystal Karma. Confused

Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Mar 05 Aoû 2014 21:42    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yep, Addiction est vraiment cool en effet, c'est le plus agressif de Glenn Hughes. Avec des riffs typés années 90 dessus, mais ça le fait carrément. Y'a une tonalité presque dépressive sur ce disque, qu'on ne retrouve sur aucun autre de ses albums.

From Now On... est très bon je trouve, même si certains plans n'ont pas forcément super bien vieilli, ça reste du haut niveau dans le style tantôt FM, tantôt hard/heavy abordé.
C'est vrai que le Burning Japan déchire ; les titres du Hughes/Thrall dessus rendent 100 fois mieux que sur disque.

Soul Mover ? Quelle déception, surtout après la tuerie Songs in the key of rock... Surement une des pires déceptions que j'ai jamais connu. Comment passer d'une tuerie à ça... Neutral J'ai vraiment pas apprécié ce virage que Glenn Hughes a pris depuis qu'il a eu Chad Smith comme batteur ; je trouvais Gary Ferguson vachement plus subtil et approprié à sa musique.

Feel est du funk FM, assez soft (presque de la variété sur certains titres), pas vraiment indispensable même si y'a des bons titres.
The Way It Is a des titres pop sublimes je trouve, un très bon cru, un de ses indispensable.

Return Of Crystal Karma, si tu as aimé Soul Mover, tu peux le tenter, il est bon, frais, dynamique, moderne, dans une veine soul/funky. Y'a un titre composé avec Iommi bien cool dessus.
Si tu as aimé Songs In The Key Of Rock, je te recommande Building The Machine, un chef-d'oeuvre lui aussi : dans une veine années 70 également, mais beaucoup plus soul/funk, plus cool et décontracté, nettement moins agressif que Songs... Encore un album indispensable Wink
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 06 Aoû 2014 12:47    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bon il faut vraiment que je trouve Addiction ! Et à moins de 50 € si possible...

Et j'ai Building The Machine mais je ne l'ai jamais écouté, ça sera fait bientôt. :kiss:

Par contre The Way It Is j'accroche vraiment pas.

Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Ven 08 Aoû 2014 22:04    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hate d'avoir ton avis sur Building the machine.
Addiction ? Je l'avais pris pour pas cher, il était vendu dans une édition double "mini-coffret", Feel/Addiction. C'est pas un album introuvable, il était chez SPV le père Hughes à l'époque.
Un truc aussi que j'ai toujours apprécié chez Glenn Hughes, c'est la production de ses albums, toujours soignée aux petits oignons.
Et puis un jour est arrivé Soul Mover, et là ce fut le drame :cry:

Jules Claretie
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 11 Aoû 2014 14:15    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Fishbowlman a écrit:
Addiction ? Je l'avais pris pour pas cher, il était vendu dans une édition double "mini-coffret", Feel/Addiction.

Ca : http://www.amazon.fr/Feel-Addiction-Hughes-Glen/dp/B00004U561/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1407750896&sr=1-1&keywords=Feel+Addiction ? Il est à 73 € maintenant... Neutral

Je continue mes recherches pour Addiction, et je te dis bientôt ce que je pense de Building the machine.

Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Mer 13 Aoû 2014 20:56    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hein ? C'est n'imp.
Je suis sur que tu le trouves à un prix normal dans n'importe quel Gibert. Ce n'est pas une rareté ce disque. N'imp.

Jules Claretie
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: