Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
QUEENSRYCHE - Dedicated To Chaos (28 Juin)
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Blackmore
WebMasta sous LSD

MessagePosté le: Mar 17 Juil 2012 22:49    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

kroboy a écrit:
ben c'est des progueux.

Bon je sais qu'on a toujours considéré le groupe comme prog...mais bon franchement, c'est pas vraiment un exemple du genre hein... Ok, ils ont fait un concept album, avec des partitions plus longue que la moyenne et des partis orchestrales.
Ils ont ensuite sortis des albums qui montraient des changements stylistes (en tout cas jusqu'à Promised Land). Mais j'en envie de dire qu'au final c'est aussi prog que Maiden quoi.

Donc pas vraiment, voire pas du tout. Non, c'est pas groupe de metal prog. Ni de Hard Prog...ni de prog tout court bordel !!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mer 18 Juil 2012 0:09    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

C'était un groupe de Heavy sophistiqué qui a viré Pop-Rock ces dernières années.

Et pis c'est tout.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Lun 30 Juil 2012 17:23    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

On risque de se retrouver avec 2 Queensryches maintenant...

Citation:
Tate’s ‘two Queensryches’ warning

Geoff Tate is continuing to block his former bandmates from accessing the Queensryche website and social media channels, they say.

And the singer’s representative argues that a court ruling allowing them to continue using the band name means he can do the same – raising the suggestion there could be two outfits operating under the title.

Founding members Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson and Scott Rockenfield sacked Tate last month. In a series of sensational court documents it was revealed Tate had signed a “secret” deal to make a movie based on Queensryche’s Operation Mindcrime album and had threatened to “kill” Rockenfield, while the singer admitted he had struck some of his colleagues – but regretted the action.

The band played their first show with new singer Todd La Torre at the weekend. But they say they’ve been forced to launch a new website because Tate won’t give them access to their old one.

The singer argues that his legal attempt to stop them using the name, which was defeated at King County Superior Court, means that both parties are entitled to use it.

Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield say in a court filing reported by Blabbermouth: “Since the defeat of the injunction, Geoff Tate has continued to interfere with the defendants’ progress to tour under the Queensryche name. This includes refusal to relinquish control of Queensryche.com and other accounts, challenging the defendants from taking control of the registry of Queensryche.com, and announcing to the national press his ‘encouragements by the judge’ to your as his own Queensryche.

“Mr Tate has also announced his intention to release an album under the moniker ‘Voice of Queensryche,’ utilising a version of the Queensryche symbol. There is no authority allowing a minority shareholder to use these assets.”

But Tate’s A&R manager, Paul Gargano, says: “The injunction would not have just prevented the defendants from touring as Queensryche until the claim is settled. It would have prevented both parties. This is critical. The intention of the injunction was to protect the future value of Queensryche by eliminating the possibility of their being multiple versions of Queensryche.

“Not only did the judge deny in the injunction – she also urged and encouraged that there should be two Queensryche bands moving forward. Which is precisely what the injunction intended to avoid.”

The case is due to go to trial in November.

The La Torre fronted band played at the Halfway Jam in Minnesota over the weekend, delivering a 19-song setlist: Queen of the Reich, Speak, Neue Regel, Walk in the Shadows, En Force, I Don’t Believe in Love, Child of Fire, The Whisper, Warning, Spreading the Disease, The Needle Lies, Prophecy, Take Hold of the Flame, My Empty Room, Eyes of a Stranger, Empire, Wrathchild, Jet City Woman, Roads to Madness.

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Lun 30 Juil 2012 17:44    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

D'un côté, Queensrÿche sans Tate, on peut craindre qu'il devienne un groupe de heavy... de 2nde zone, avec un chanteur très proche de Tate. Et que toute l'ambition artistique du groupe disparaisse. Enfin si ils refont des concerts avec que des vieux titres et qui s'en tiennent à ça, ce sera déjà pas mal.

De l'autre, Tate qui continue sous le nom Queensrÿche, je trouve ça nul... mais nul. Et ça risque d'être encore plus moisi. Qu'il fasse ses disques solos de pop et qu'il arrête de nous les briser.

En gros, Queensrÿche depuis 15 ans a toujours eu le cul entre 2 chaises : d'un côté, un chanteur qui ne jurait plus que par la pop et de l'autre, le reste du groupe qui a accepté cette évolution, mais s'entêtait quand même à vouloir conserver des guitares saturées dans leur musique.
D'où tous les albums "le cul entre 2 chaises" qui sont sortis depuis cette période, alors qu'il est évident que Tate était plus heureux en solo, et Queensrÿche sans Tate.
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
dupinguez
Chevalier de Saint-Maslow

MessagePosté le: Lun 30 Juil 2012 17:48    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Fishbowlman a écrit:
D'un côté, Queensrÿche sans Tate, on peut craindre qu'il devienne un groupe de heavy... de 2nde zone

C'était pas déjà le cas depuis belle lurette?
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
DarkSchneider

MessagePosté le: Lun 30 Juil 2012 19:44    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ce n'était pas un groupe de heavy....

Je pense que le but de Queensryche s'est de tenté de rameuter un max d'anciens fans perdus en cours de route, ceux qui aimaient avant tout leur facette heavy. Ce qui ne représentera de toute façon pas énormément de monde, mais peut-être suffisamment pour permettre au groupe de vivre en se contentant de sortir un album de heavy un poil quelconque de temps en temps, un peu comme Accept. De plus, le groupe bénéficie sans doute d'une fan base qui doit rester un peu conséquente au USA (contrairement aux groupes de heavy européens ou de power américain qui ne marchent qu'en europe et au japon).
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Ven 03 Aoû 2012 16:09    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
Queensryche deny Tate tape claims

New Queensryche singer Todd La Torre has denied fan suggestions that the band are using backing tapes of sacked frontman Geoff Tate’s voice at live shows.

Last weekend the latest lineup made their first official appearance under the Queensryche title, after performing a handful of shows as Rising West before completing moves to get rid of Tate in June.

But La Torre, who’s sticking with his other outfit, Crimson Glory, has taken to Facebook to deal with claims that the former singer’s work could be heard from the stage. Instead, he says, it’s all him and bassist Eddie Jackson.

He reports: “Many believe they are hearing Tate’s voice. Let me clearly state that there are no backing vocals with his voice in any songs with my performance.

“Any tracks that have backing vocals have all been re-recorded with my voice and Eddie’s.

“We don’t use tracks to fake a lead vocal with me, but simply to give a fuller, nicer sound to a chorus. Yes, they are very similar and would naturally be heard as Geoff’s – but they are not.”

La Torre says timestamps on the source files of the new recordings provide “indisputable” proof of his position.

He adds: “I just needed to clarify that – and I also sing the full chorus of Empire, since some have asked me about that.”

Meanwhile, Stryper vocalist Michael Sweet has added his voice of support to the new Queensryche lineup, which is still embroiled in a bitter legal dispute with Tate.

Blabbermouth reports Sweet saying: “Todd has breathed new life into the band. Not only does he have the pipes to deliver the vocals, but more important, he’s as nice and humble as they come.

“I’ve never met Geoff Tate so I can’t comment on who he is. But I can say that it was a joy for me to see Queensryche with a sense of excitement and passion to perform.

“Todd more than earned my respect. Change is always a bit uncomfortable, but sometimes it’s for the best. Trust me – you won’t be disappointed.”

Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Sam 04 Aoû 2012 13:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

DarkSchneider a écrit:
Ce n'était pas un groupe de heavy....

Je pense que le but de Queensryche s'est de tenté de rameuter un max d'anciens fans perdus en cours de route, ceux qui aimaient avant tout leur facette heavy. Ce qui ne représentera de toute façon pas énormément de monde, mais peut-être suffisamment pour permettre au groupe de vivre en se contentant de sortir un album de heavy un poil quelconque de temps en temps, un peu comme Accept. De plus, le groupe bénéficie sans doute d'une fan base qui doit rester un peu conséquente au USA (contrairement aux groupes de heavy européens ou de power américain qui ne marchent qu'en europe et au japon).

Franchement, c'est vraiment dommage. Car, quand j'écoute Humanity Hour 1 des Scorpions, ce mélange de mélodies pop avec des grosses guitares derrière est vraiment réussi et abouti chez eux, avec quelques "hits" à la pelle.
Mais Queensrÿche n'a jamais réussi un coup d'éclat équivalent ces 15 dernières années ! Quel gâchis !

Et ça risque de faire comme tu dis : Queensrÿche sans Tate va sortir un album "rassurant", du heavy classique style les derniers Saxon ou Accept, à la sauce Rÿche, sans ambition particulière. Dans lequel on ne retrouvera pas toute la grandeur et la sophistication qu'ils avaient dans les années 80.
"Tout homme qui dirige, qui fait quelque chose, a contre lui ceux qui voudraient faire la même chose, ceux qui font précisément le contraire, et surtout la grande armée des gens d’autant plus sévères qu’ils ne font rien du tout."

Jules Claretie
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mer 08 Aoû 2012 14:27    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

C'est bien, on a droit à notre dose quotidienne.

Citation:
Tate demands Queensryche summit

Sacked Queensryche singer Geoff Tate has called on his former bandmates to sit in a room with him and explain their actions over the past few months.

He was dismissed by colleagues Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson and Scott Rockenfield in June following months of speculation, and replaced by Crimson Glory frontman Todd La Torre.

Since then a series of acrimonious statements have appeared. But in an upcoming episode of That Metal Show, Tate insists he’s still unsure of why things happened the way they did – and he’d like to be told.

Presented Eddie Trunk has revealed a quote from the interview in which the singer says: “I’d like to sit in a room with those gentlemen and have them tell me face-to-face what the situation is. Explain their actions.

“I’d like to know and actually understand their point of view. I’d like to see them talk to me rather than through the internet.

“Communication is a big part of any relationship, right? If nobody’s talking then nothing’s getting settled. My door is open.”

Trunk reports: “We asked Geoff every tough question and he dodged nothing. He was honest in his assessment of what went down from his perspective.” The episode is set for broadcast on August 25.

The most recent development in the prog-metal outfit’s fallout came when Tate’s lawyer argued that a court ruling allowing Queensryche to continue using the band name also allowed the singer to use it too, raising the prospect of two outfits touring under the title.

At the same time, his former colleagues revealed he was still blocking access to their official website and social media channels, forcing them to launch a new online home.

Meanwhile, La Torre has hailed Queensryche’s new songwriting sessions as they prepare to make their first album without the man who’d fronted them since 1981.

The new man reports: “Listening to new material with vocals I recorded today. Oh… my… Gawd. It rocks!”

The untitled record is expected next year. Tate’s latest solo album is due for release in the coming months.

Baker

MessagePosté le: Mer 08 Aoû 2012 18:53    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

En même temps, le nouveau va pas dire "I've heard new material with my voice and oh my God I plainly suck, I just can't fill Tate's shoes, better quit now" Very Happy

Merci de ces updates, c'est un peu notre Plus Belle La Vie à nous, les metalleux...
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Ven 17 Aoû 2012 14:40    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A chaque fois j'hésite à poster ces news tellement on va vers la surenchère du n'importe quoi... mais je peux pas m'en empêcher ! lol

Citation:
Tate launches his own Queensryche

Queensryche fans have been left bemused as sacked singer Geoff Tate delivered on his threat to launch his own version of the band.

He’s announced that next year he’ll front an “all-star lineup” for an anniversary tour under the title Queensryche Starring Geoff Tate, The Original Voice.

Last month he went to court in an attempt to stop his former bandmates using their name, arguing that they couldn’t do so without support of 80% of their company directors, which they couldn’t achieve since he was 25% of the board.

When that failed, he argued that the ruling meant they were free to call themselves Queensryche – but that he could do the same.

A brief statement via on band’s official Facebook page, which his ex-colleages are trying to regain from him, says: “This fall, Geoff Tate Electric Band will be releasing his new solo metal album on Inside Out Music, which features such label mates as King’s X, Fates Warning, Pain of Salvation and Dream Theater’s frontman James LaBrie, and many others! Geoff Tate solo tour dates with Alice Cooper beginning in November.

“Watch for the announcement of the upcoming 2013 Queensryche Anniversary Tour featuring an All-Star lineup, starring Geoff Tate, the longtime creative and driving force behind the band, whose vocals can be heard on every Queensryche song ever released!”

Fans were quick to point out that the track All I Want from 1997 album Here in the Now Frontier featured ex-guitarist Chris DeGarmo on lead vocals, although Tate provided backing.

At time of publishing, 850 people had liked the post and 325 had commented. While some of those showed support, many more expressed anger and bewilderment. Some referred to recent revelations that the singer assaulted and spat on his bandmates ahead of a concert in Brazil in April. Others discussed his argument that he’d written all of the band’s recent music, and a 2011 interview in which he suggested rock and metal fans could be “boneheads”.

kroboy
Gay Thrasher

MessagePosté le: Ven 17 Aoû 2012 14:42    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

kroboy a écrit:
mais quel merdier... Prochaine étape : Tate qui monte Geoff Tate's Queensryche (comme le gars de Greath White)

:cool:

mais c'était tellement prévisible, aucun merite
anoraknophobic
Clakmonfricomaniac

MessagePosté le: Ven 17 Aoû 2012 15:55    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Il aurait dû appeler son groupe Kingspovr ! lol

Chroniques du Léviathan : blog comics, mangas, jeux vidéo
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Ven 17 Aoû 2012 16:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je prédis à Tate la même carrière que DiAnno (déjà qu'il commence à lui ressembler physiquement...).

Citation:
Kingspovr

Blink

lol
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Ven 17 Aoû 2012 18:33    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Comparer Tate à Paul Di'Anno, ce serait lui faire trop d'honneur (à Tate bien sur).

Jules Claretie
Baker

MessagePosté le: Dim 02 Sep 2012 15:14    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/geoff-tate-unveils-his-new-queensryche/

Glen Drover, Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer ?

C'est ça, le NEW ALL-STAR LINE-UP ?

Mmmmmeweweeeeewwwwwwouuuaaahahahahahahahahhhh
Fishbowlman

MessagePosté le: Dim 02 Sep 2012 19:02    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ca s'annonce bien brutal pour Tate tout ça (alors que lui est dans un trip pop depuis 15 ans).

Jules Claretie
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 24 Sep 2012 10:39    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tate sort son album.

01. She Slipped Away
02. Take A Bullet
03. In The Dirt
04. Say U Luv It
05. The Way I Roll
06. Tomorrow
07. Evil
08. Dark Money
09. These Glory Days
10. Change
11. Waiting

Extraits : http://www.amazon.de/Kings-Thieves/dp/B009CYVIO2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348162608&sr=8-2
Baalim

MessagePosté le: Lun 24 Sep 2012 11:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:
Say U Luv It

C'est même plus la peine de tirer sur l'ambulance. Twisted Evil

J'imagine que le titre de l'album se veut autobiographique.
Vivement le 29 octobre !
Baker

MessagePosté le: Lun 24 Sep 2012 11:09    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le logo de la pochette me fait penser à Timo Tolkki.
Et non, ce n'est pas pour rassurer.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivante
Page 6 sur 7

Sauter vers: