Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S'enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
QUEENSRYCHE - s/t (25 Juin)

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News]
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Sam 23 Fév 2013 13:00    Sujet du message: QUEENSRYCHE - s/t (25 Juin) Répondre en citant

A 90-second audio sample of a new song called "Redemption" from the the Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE was premiered on last night's (Friday, February 22) edition of Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM and can now be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

As previously reported, the Todd La Torre-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE has finished recording the drums for its new album at London Bridge Studios in Seattle, Washington with producer James "Jimbo" Barton — the man who engineered and mixed the band's classic 1988 LP, "Operation: Mindcrime", and its 1990 follow-up, "Empire", and co-produced 1994's "Promised Land". The rest of the music and vocals are being laid down at several different facilities on the West Coast.

In a recent interview with Metal Assault, drummer Scott Rockenfield stated about QUEENSRŸCHE's renewed collaboration with Barton: "It's a great thing — we're really excited about it, he's really excited about it. We've wanted to work with him for a while, but for whatever reason, we just hadn't gone there yet. This is a great time for us to do that, though. We all discussed who we wanted to do the record with, and he was one of the first names that came up. It was easy for us to pick up the phone and call him. It was like our relationship picked up right where it left off, so it's gonna be a lot of fun. He's a very creative guy that did some great records with us in the past. I think that's one of the most important things when it comes to why we want to work with him."

Asked if fans will see a return to the progressive metal sound QUEENSRŸCHE had in the '80s, Scott said: "What we're trying to do, and what has been really interesting since Todd has jumped into the band, we're trying to revisit the old QUEENSRŸCHE catalog — stuff off of the EP and "The Warning". That's always been a part of what we are, so yeah, definitely! I think in my opinion, we're really revisiting that vibe of why that music was special back then for us. There will be a modern flair to it, though, just because we're in the modern age. The fun thing about Jimbo being a part of it is that he can help tie together the two sides. He does come from our past and some of the great records and some of the great sounds that we're known for, but he's also living in the modern age and doing some interesting things as well. I think it's going to be a really great QUEENSRŸCHE record. People are going to go, 'Wow, that's QUEENSRŸCHE! That sounds just like what we've known them to be, and what we would expect them to now be.' That's what I think people will get out of it."

l'extrait : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8iaNZBUK9c&feature=player_embedded

Le refrain est pas mal, mais le riff bas du front des couplets ressemble pas du tout à du Queensryche old school.

Dernière édition par Pingouin le Lun 29 Avr 2013 19:39; édité 2 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mar 26 Mar 2013 9:41    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Redemption : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w4RfoUv9KU&feature=player_embedded
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Jeu 28 Mar 2013 15:58    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mouais. Neutral
C'est moi ou le refrain est autotuné ?

Boutique UNCHAINED: http://unchainedmetal.bigcartel.com/

SCORNFORGER - Thrash Till You Puke!!!
DIVIDEAD (mon ancien groupe) - Sweet revenge (live)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 29 Avr 2013 19:41    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

01. X2
02. Where Dreams Go To Die
03. Spore
04. In This Light
05. Redemption
06. Vindication
07. Midnight Lullaby
08. A World Without
09. Don't Look Back
10. Fallout
11. Open Road
12. Geoff is an Asshole

Asked which album in QUEENSRŸCHE's catalog would most closely compare to what the band is doing now, Scott told "Noize In The Attic": "Our big goal was, once we kind of made our transition last year and moved on as a band, and Todd being in the band, and our focus of the live shows and everything, it's always kind of been about looking at what really made QUEENSRŸCHE special. And for the live show, it's the old stuff. And we've been focusing a lot, in the show, doing that, for the last year, and we're continue to focus on doing that. On the record, I think the vein of what the record is a combination of all that great old stuff that we're kind of known best for. I mean, for me, I kind of summarize it by saying, to me, it's everything from the [debut] EP up to 'Empire', or maybe even 'Promised Land' at that point, which is, to me, the most defining catalog that we've ever done. And I think for this record, it's visiting that and taking that into the future."

Added guitarist Michael Wilton: "I also think that when you hear this record, each song is gonna be unique in its own. For people that have heard the single that's on YouTube called 'Redemption'. Everybody's asking, 'Is the album gonna sound just like that?' And I can say, 'No.' What's great about this record is that every individual here was in the creative process and the writing — there was no outside writers, like [there were] on the last few albums. And it really shows, and it's a real great blend of everybody's strength and their creative elements, and the songs are definitely reflective of the personalities of this band right now."

Continued Scott: "I think that's important. Especially what Michael was saying. I think the focus of that earlier stuff, there was a massive chemistry between all of us that really worked, and we wanted to find that chemistry again, 'cause we've, unfortunately, had to struggle with that the last few years. But we always knew that that's what we wanted to do, so now that we're able to do that, finding that chemistry and that energy that got us to make those records is what that energy now is in this record. And Michael's right: the songs, there's a great variety of things in it, but they're all QUEENSRŸCHE, they're all us doing it, it's our chemistry of working together."

Said Michael: "If you listen to all the other albums, like from 'Promised Land' back to the EP, you're gonna hear all these dynamics, from song after another song — you're gonna hear those dynamics, and that's the same sort of approach we wanted to take on this new one."
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Mai 2013 7:52    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Fallout : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UvaYY2s5kw&feature=player_embedded

C'est du Operation Mindcrime dans le texte. Ils font pas semblant.
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mar 21 Mai 2013 11:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Where Dreams Go to Die : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9KOvIdk8gc&list=UUnK9PxMozTYs8ELOvgMNKFA&index=2
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Mar 21 Mai 2013 12:09    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Mais... c'est très bon ça ! Blink

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Sven
Death 'n' Troll Dokthor

MessagePosté le: Mar 21 Mai 2013 12:33    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le nouveau chanteur a une voix quasiment superposable à celle de Brian Ashland, le (nouveau) chanteur de Shadow Gallery! C'est saisissant!

Not giving a fuck is awesome!
Jon Lajoie
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Baalim

MessagePosté le: Mer 22 Mai 2013 15:54    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Plus je l'écoute et plus j'apprécie Redemption alors que les premières tentatives avaient été des plus décevantes.

J'attends avec impatience le 25 juin afin de savoir si ce Queensryche revu et corrigé peut enfin remonter la pente... ce que j'espère vivement.
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Jeu 30 Mai 2013 21:39    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Je suis tombé sur ce p'tit comparatif, ça m'a amusé.

Tate : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlV_0qaKVbg&feature=player_embedded#

LaTorre : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWcMllZqxFE#t=00m52s

D'un côté, un trou de balle (même si c'est compréhensible que ça l'énerve) et de l'autre, un mec sympa qui a de l'humour.
Vivement le 25 Juin.
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Ven 31 Mai 2013 20:24    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Un bout d'interview de Tate sur l'incident :

Music Enthusiast Magazine: So tell me, what is with the incident from [May 17 in St. Charles, Illinois], where you took a cell phone from one of the audience members and pitched it out to the crowd [see video below]?

Geoff: Well, I think, William, what you're referring to is thirty years of being a performer. And because I happen to be in a lawsuit right now, some actions that I have become very normal with as a performer are getting scrutinized and manipulated to paint a picture of me. And so I that's what I think we are seeing now. Simple as that.

Music Enthusiast Magazine: So you think that footage is just people trying to make you look like the bad guy?

Geoff: I think that's the objective. I don't think it shows me being a bad guy, it's rock and roll. It's what I do, you know? [laughs]

Music Enthusiast Magazine: If that is the case, taking cell phones from audience members and pitching them out to the crowd wouldn't help matters.

Geoff: Well, thanks for that advice, William. You know, I actually have another interview that's happening right now. I've gotta go, but I really appreciate the interview today and it was really good talking to you.

Blink

Il est à 2 doigts de dire qu'il a rien fait et il se rétracte comme une couille molle.
C'est fou, ce mec qui non seulement était un chanteur de premier plan mais qui en plus donnait l'impression d'être quelqu'un de vraiment intelligent et classe (sauf pour le look) à l'époque... le voir réduit à ça, c'est navrant.
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Mar 18 Juin 2013 0:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Tout le disque : https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Fplaylists%2F6661121%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-vsW5V&color=897c44&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true
Baalim

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Juin 2013 13:41    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

L'album n'a pas l'air de motiver les foules par ici.

Pourtant, c'est vraiment l'album que je désespérais d'entendre un jour vu la tournure que prenait la carrière de Queensryche (quoique, après le bien nommé DTC, il ne soit pas certain qu'on puisse encore parler de carrière).

Même si tout n'est pas parfait (durée de l'album qui aurait peut être mérité un ou deux morceaux supplémentaires, fins des morceaux parfois trop abruptes), c'est vraiment bon et, bonne nouvelles, les meilleurs titres ne sont pas ceux qui ont été mis en écoute.
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Juin 2013 13:47    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

L'autre bonne nouvelle, c'est que la suite va pas tarder à arriver. Ils ont commencé à s'y remettre et ont déjà en réserve la demi-douzaine de morceaux supplémentaires écrits pour le dernier.

Citation:
We didn't want to write a record that sounded really dated but you also want to maintain those writing elements that are the QUEENSRŸCHE sound, and I think that much of that was accomplished on this record. And look, it's the very first record that we have done with me in the band, and we are already starting to write new songs for the next album, so there is a whole bunch of other things that weren't really ready to make it on this first album that will definitely be going on the next one, so it's all positive.
Baalim

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Juin 2013 14:28    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

C'est un peu ce qui me dérange à propos de ce nouvel opus.

La durée très brève des morceaux et la courte durée de l'album laissent clairement penser qu'il a été délibérément "amputé" d'une partie de son contenu pour pouvoir être sorti avant l'audience de novembre et afin de pouvoir sortir rapidement un autre album dans la foulée.

Je me demande également si le morceau redemption, dont le refrain me semble être le plus éloigné du répertoire de queensryche, n'était pas un morceau estampillé Rising West avant que le groupe ne réoriente le tir vers un champ musical plus orthodoxe quand ils ont obtenu le droit d'utiliser le nom Queensryche.

Bref, c'est un album de transition mais un très bon album dans un style un peu daté et peu fréquenté désormais.
Pietro
Divid Coverdead

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Avr 2014 17:03    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ils se seraient mis d'accord.

Citation:
In what appears to be a preview of the upcoming settlement announcement over the rights to the QUEENSRŸCHE name, singer Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE webpage has changed. It no longer says "QUEENSRŸCHE" at the top and now features a banner with the words "Geoff Tate: The Voice Of QUEENSRŸCHE." In addition, there is a link to "QUEENSRŸCHE Without Geoff Tate" which points to QueensrycheOfficial.com, the official webpage of the Todd La Torre-fronted version of the band.

QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton recently confirmed that Tate — who was fired from the Seattle progressive rock band in 2012 after fronting it for three decades — and his former bandmates have reached a settlement in their legal battle over the rights to the group's name.

Speaking to the Allentown Music Examiner, Wilton was asked when fans can expect a resolution of the legal case involving the two versions of QUEENSRŸCHE. "That's coming up," Wilton said. "What I can say is that both sides have reached an amicable settlement and it's now just a matter of time. There will be an official press release, but for now, you'll have to wait."

Baalim

MessagePosté le: Jeu 24 Avr 2014 17:23    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Il était temps.

J'ai d'ailleurs pu remarquer que le dernier Queensryche, qui avait disparu de deezer, y avait réapparu récemment.

Tout est bien qui finit logiquement, le groupe de Tate n'ayant vraiment pas grand chose à voir avec queensryche (le vrai, pas celui qui a pondu les ignominies des dix dernières années).
Pingouin
Jean-Pierre Elkathrash

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Avr 2014 21:38    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le communiqué officiel :

QUEENSRŸCHE members Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Geoff Tate have released the following joint statement:

"We wanted to let QUEENSRŸCHE fans around the world know that an amicable settlement has been reached between Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Geoff Tate with regard to the future of the QUEENSRŸCHE name. According to the agreement, original QUEENSRŸCHE members Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Michael Wilton along with recent members, Todd La Torre and Parker Lundgren, will now be the sole entity recording and touring as QUEENSRŸCHE, performing selections from their entire musical catalog that spans over 30 years of material. Original QUEENSRŸCHE lead singer Geoff Tate will continue to record, perform and pursue a variety of other creative endeavors and, as part of the agreement, will have the exclusive rights to perform 'Operation: Mindcrime I' and 'II' in their entirety as a unique performance. Both sides wish each other well and are excited about what the future holds. We want to thank the fans for standing beside us through this ordeal and look forward to sharing our music with you for years to come."

The QUEENSRŸCHE corporate assets will be evenly divided among Wilton, Jackson, Rockenfield and Tate.

According to The Seattle Times, Tate will embark on a brief QUEENSRŸCHE "farewell" tour this summer before launching a new chapter his career.

"It's the rebirth of QUEENSRŸCHE and the way it used to be," Wilton told The Seattle Times. "We're rebuilding the QUEENSRŸCHE name."

Added Tate: "One thing that's really important for people to understand is that this never went to court. They [Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield] bought the name from me. But I retain 'Operation: Mindcrime'. It's sort of similar to the PINK FLOYD situation where Roger Waters retained 'The Wall'. 'Mindcrime' was my thing and my story, so it's appropriate that I keep that. So they will continue on as QUEENSRŸCHE, and I will continue on as me."
Baker

MessagePosté le: Lun 28 Avr 2014 21:50    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le Tate qui f... la m... mais comme le garçon est en ce moment un peu dérangé, si ça se trouve c'est du mytho complet.

Quant au communiqué pompeux du "vrai" groupe, j'attends avec impatience qu'ils jouent des extraits de, je cite, "the entire catalog" : Liquid Sky, Man Down !, Get Started, The Hands, Re-Arrange You, Open... (notez que je n'ai mis que de bons titres, justement ! Twisted Evil )
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum des Éternels Index du Forum -> La Tribune Du Héraut Omniscient [News] Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: